Update Thyroid tests, etc

Options
deksgrl
deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
About 6-8 weeks ago I posted that I was having tests because of hair loss & fatigue, etc. All my blood work came back normal. What I discovered though when I returned to work after vacation is the fatigue and headaches were being caused by the lighting in my office. The hair loss was probably due to stress/trauma from a car accident I had.

Otherwise I am totally healthy. She did say again that I should look for lower fat meats because my cholesterol is just a little higher than she would like. lol. I just smiled and nodded. Mmmm, bacon.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your labs came back ok! I hear you on the lighting. I hate the lights in my office, especially when they replace the fluorescent bulbs...I have headaches for weeks.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    The flourescent ones in the office do not have any diffuser covers and they put way too many bulbs in last time, and apparently they have different wattage or something and these are the brightest ones. They also put some new LED bulb in the hall right outside my door and that one is like a constant blue blind spot in my peripheral vision. They are planning new lighting in the building and since I complained about it they are going to do my office first. (Yay) And they will have diffuser panels and there will be a dimmer switch. Meantime I unplugged a bunch of bulbs and it has helped.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had no idea at all that lighting could do this! Must check into this as hair loss has been a huge problem for me the last 5 or so years.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Glad your tests came back good! Interesting about the lighting! Hmmm....got my thoughts churning!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I had no idea at all that lighting could do this! Must check into this as hair loss has been a huge problem for me the last 5 or so years.

The lighting was about fatigue, headaches, and just feeling totally run down all the time. I felt good on vacation, and when I came back to work, immediately started feeling like crap again. And it isn't job stress. That is when I looked around and realized the new bulbs corresponded to the time I started feeling bad.

The hair loss was probably combination perimenopausal hormonal issues and possibly stress from car accident.