Black Girls Work Out Too

Options
salleymo
salleymo Posts: 50 Member
Well, I started and tried to do the meal plan and failed by day 2! My brain was foggy and I was extremely irritable (withdrawal symptoms I'm sure) but I really struggled with the meal plan. As far as the workout goes, I am finishing up week one and I am noticing more energy, however, I decided today to add more cardio as I don't think that the dvd has enough. Overall, this is a great workout plan and I am seeing a small difference even after a week.:smile:

Replies

• Latriciagavin
    Latriciagavin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello we do work out. I have been going trying to do a little over the past 6 months. I am not getting serious, have started going to the gym 4 times a week. I was initially only doing the cardio, my sister recommended weight lifting 2 times a week for 30 minutes to build muscle, since then I have noticed a difference. I need to loose 150 lbs., so I have to work out. I will be looking for fun ways to vary the activities. Thanks for starting the group.
  • nj4tj
    nj4tj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using the DVD for a week ad I am already noticing changes. I did not do the cleanse recommended in the meal plan because my diet is already like week 3 of the plan. I also jog/walk 3-4 miles 4x a week to get in extra cardio. My goal is to lose 25lbs by 9/22. So far I have lost 5.
  • salleymo
    Options
    Wow! That's great. Right now my legs are killing me from those squats Lana does!
  • salleymo
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group.

I didn't start the group, I just noticed someone put up a group regarding the Black Girls Workout Too DVD and decided to post a topic.
  • nj4tj
    Options
    Wow! That's great. Right now my legs are killing me from those squats Lana does!
    Yes! I feel it in my legs EVERYTIME, but i am loving the results.
  • nj4tj
    Options
    I have decided to follow the meal plan, week 1 starts tomorrow. Wish me luck, whew!
  • salleymo
    Options
    I hope you make it through and if you do, I bow down to you! LOL
  • nj4tj
    Options
    ok, the detox was HARD! I did great for the first 2 days, but by day 3 & 4 I was hungry and I had no energy. I made the veggie chilli the first part of te week and that sustained me, but the cabbage soup is not fulfilling at all. So by day 5 I added 5 shrimp to vegetable stir fry i made for dinner. Next time around I will make sure I eat more beans to get more protein. I may even try protein smoothies. The week of the detox was the only week I did not lose any weight (talk about fustrated) but so far I am 11 pounds down, woo-hoo! and the back rolls are getting smaller