Realization

Options
brandyjan
brandyjan Posts: 18 Member
I have always been aware I am an emotional eater. But the older I get (I'm 35) the more I understand about me. I guess that's true with anyone. It makes sense that after 35 years I would know me better then ever! Lol sorry, got off topic. Anyway, I have GAD, generalized anxiety disorded, and even on meds I get hit pretty hard with strong emotions. I will catch myself stuffing my face and not even really notice it until I'm already well into shoving as much food in my stomach as I can....I know I must work on being aware of my eating. Not obsessed but aware. When I work on being aware I can't believe how often my arm goes to reach for random food....it's always very eye opening. Thus week I have been cutting back on quantity and trying to be aware. I never realized how much I relied on that comfort of a full tunmy.. so here I go! I'm going in and I'm gonna lose again!

Replies

48801 Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How I related!!!! What's helped me is to log EVERYTHING that I eat, no matter the quantity, yes sometimes is embarrassing. It does keep me accountable.
    I have found that I fee better when I am eating clean, I.e, not stuffing myself. Getting started is the hardest. We have ourselves a habit that is hard to break. When one quits drinking they can just quit, we can't, same with smoking. We have to eat to live.............For me, I have trigger foods, carbs................
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Logging has helped me too, but there are some days I just say "f*** it" and eat what I want whether I log it or not because I feel the need for that emotional comfort.