Baja Gold Sea Salt...the Best Sea Salt Ever?

Options
ladipoet
ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
Here's another subject I was reading about recently and was impressed by what I learned especially with how important electrolyte balance (including salt) to all of us low-carbers.

"Principle Three: Address Nutrient Deficiencies

“You can trace every illness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency.”
Dr. Linus Pauling

Dr. Linus Pauling is the only person to win 2 Nobel prizes by himself. To emphasize just how knowledgeable this man was, he discovered vitamin C. Needless to say, addressing what nutrients we are deficient in is a very important step to creating the health we can have.

Nutrient deficiencies tend to be like the weakest link in the chain. We may have much of our nutritional needs met, but are missing a few key minerals. It is these missing minerals which are going to determine the level of health we experience.

I recently read a book titled Fertility from the Ocean Deep, by Charles Walters. Mr. Walters is the editor and creator of Acres USA magazine. Acres, as itʼs called, is known for their astute research and consistent stand on the importance of sustainable farming practices. They have been discussing and supporting organic farming decades before the term ʻOrganicʼ became a household word or controlled by the FDA.

The book Fertility from the Ocean Deep covers the work of Dr. Maynard Murray, a physician and researcher whose life work studied the role of minerals to create health and vitality.

Dr. Murray found that ocean water has the perfect balance of minerals in a natural suspension. His research also uncovered that animals that live in the ocean do not get cancer, diabetes or heart disease (or gum disease ;). They, the animals, receive all the mineral nutrition they require to maintain healthy bodies throughout their lives.

Dr. Murray found that plants fed diluted ocean water absorbed the minerals available that they needed for optimal health; in other words, the plants uptook the minerals necessary for those specific plants to optimize their life. Even though a plant will grow exposed to less than optimal nutrition, to optimize the life of the plant, it requires the full range of minerals for its full expression.

If we eat foods that have been grown being exposed to sea water, our health will be greatly improved. Dr. Murrayʼs research is very convincing regarding stopping such deadly diseases like cancer by feeding sick animals mineral rich foods. Rather than rushing out to the health food store for another bottle of mineral supplements, the ocean contains the perfect balance of all minerals in a very bioavailable form."

Interesting premise to be sure. That said, I plan on trying this salt once I use up my current supply. After 1 year, 8 months of following this WOE, I still haven't managed to get my electrolytes right and that's not for lack of trying on my part (I supplement every friggin' thing!!). The company that offers Baja Gold Sea Salt also offers products related to farming, gardening, livestock, fertilizer, etc. Here's a link to the webpage for those who may be interested:

http://shop.seaagri.com/Baja-Gold-Sea-Salt-1-lb-Bag-Baja-Gold-1lb.htm

http://www.seaagri.com/