Benchmark Morning!

Options
wonko221
wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
When i started, i could barely get through the 60 second runs; but i've gotten my butt on the trail 3 times per week, and this morning i made it through a 22 minute run (Week 6, Day 3).

The program was to run 22 minutes, or 2 1/4 miles, and i figured i had only covered about 1 3/4 miles after 22 minutes. So as i completed the cool down, i started running again, and pushed on for another 1/2 mile. I followed this with a final 1/2 mile lap to cool down, and when i saw i was so close to my first 5k, i walked just a bit further to hit that benchmark.

C25k has truly changed my life. I haven't run regularly since high school, 20 years ago. I've been unfit for almost all of this time, and i still have a lot of weight to lose. Even in my youth i didn't enjoy running, and never pushed myself for it.

But this morning, after completing two miles, and running 22 minutes of it (granted, at a slow pace!) i pushed on an ran another 1/2 mile. And then made a 5k of the morning.

Congratulations and good luck to everyone else on this path! i hope you all find success, pride, and confidence in yourselves!

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    <3
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! You rock! I hope to be in your place in a couple weeks...
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! You rock! I hope to be in your place in a couple weeks...

Thanks much! It's a good place to be. Push your way up here and you'll love it, too!