I Wanna Run More!

Options
I started "running" last summer. I've done c25k twice and am on my second round of b210k, just finished w10d3. I took a few of the winter months off, and have been pretty consistently back at it for 6 weeks or so. I try very diligently to take a day off between runs to rest and repair. This morning I ran 4+ miles doing my b210k, but when my intervals were over, I really wanted to keep running. I didn't - I'm trusting the program - but I want to run more often than 3x per week.

When will it be a good idea to move to more days of running, how will I know I'm ready and is it even a good idea? I'm 54 with about 50ish pounds more to lose. TIA.

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I think you would be fine to shift your running to every second day, and stick with the B210K program while doing so. So every second week you'll get 4 days running. Once you finish the program I think it's time to slowly experiment. As long as your extra day when you add it, isn't too big, and you don't increase any of your other runs you should be fine.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Thank you @taeliesyn!