This is probably gonna sound kinda sappy

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
It's been over a year since I found this group. I was just starting back trying to lose weight and my Dr suggested I may have insulin resistance and to reduce my carb intake. I came back to mfp after many years and started logging. I posted on the main forums about whether I should track net or total carbs, and I was guided over here.

I didn't know at that time how much this group would change my life.

I still remember the incredibly warm welcome I received. On the internet you just never know what will happen when you open up. At first I was nervous to post, I didn't want to annoy anyone or disrupt the group's that may have already existed. It can be scary trying to find your place even in an online forum.

I'm so thankful that my nerves and fear of rejection didn't get the best of me. Without all the knowledgeable people here I never would've reached my goal or set new goals, or even had any understanding on how my body worked or how good it could feel.

Since my first posting I have met so many incredible people. Each one of you seems to bring out a different part of my own personality that I didn't even realize was there. I'm not one to have lots of friends, I'm the kind of person that in real life literally has my family my boyfriend and some long time acquaintances, that's it. But there is something incredible special about this group of people that the battle with carbohydrates has assembled here.

Many of you have had major impacts on my life and I hope you all know how incredibly special you are to me and the others you help by sharing your uniqueness, knowledge, compassion, humor, and friendship.

I want to say a special thank you to both my endocrinologist for starting me down this path and to @jpw1990 for referring me to this group, what seems like a lifetime ago.

I sincerely mean this when I say, if I'm ever wealthy enough I'm flying us all someplace wonderful for one big low carb/keto party.

<3 Stephanie

Replies

• auntstephie321
    Options
    @DittoDan thank you, as are you <3
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Awwww @auntstephie321 you're awesome! You've given so much yourself! I really appreciate you!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ thank you so much, you have as well, I know how much time and love you put into this group <3
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I can "ditto" everything you've said! We "grew up" together here, and these wonderful people deserve more credit than they receive! You @auntstephie321, have been a true inspiration, and I've enjoyed learning right beside you! I consider all here to be better friends than I have in my daily walk too! The support is amazing!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @Karlottap Yep! You're one of my original girls and will forever and always hold a special place in my heart and soul. Thank you for all they time and support you have put on to help guide me. <3 always

I certainly don't feel like I could inspire anyone, I suck so bad at low carb, I swear I must "cheat" more then anyone lol. But I keep coming back every day
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :)
    I found this group shortly after you, and you were one of the many who helped me out last year. :) Thank you to you as well. You've more than paid it forward.

As many have said, keep calm and low carb on.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @baconslave your advice is always spot on. This is exactly what I'm so thankful for, even when I'm derailing I never feel like a failure in here. There have been many times I was off track for weeks at a time but kept checking in everyday. I knew where I wanted to be and listening to others helps me keep that in my mind even if I'm struggling to make myself follow it.

In all honesty I would never be where I'm at right now health wise and physically without this group. Even better I'm still motivated to get my body to where I want it to be. That's over a year of dedication to restoring my body to what it once was, that's a big deal for me.

<3 thank you for all your guidance, support and the reality you bring to every conversation
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @nvmomketo :) I remember, it's like we were all freshman starting a new school at the same time lol. It's kinda fun to see newer people come in with the same questions we had back then and be able to offer advice. It still makes me sad for some of the others that used to post back then to that have vanished, maybe they'll find there way back to us someday.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yeah... There are a few I wonder about on occassion. I hope that they are garduates and just don't need us anymore. :)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I'm sorry, I think I took it, we can share ;)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @PaleoInScotland you have no idea how good reading that makes me feel <3 I'm so glad you found you're way over here. It's like all of us were brought together at precisely the right time it's really amazing how fate works
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Stephie I think out of everyone in this group I relate to you the most :heart:
  • auntstephie321
    Options

we definitely follow a similar path and struggles. I admire your bravery in venturing through the main forums lol ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

we definitely follow a similar path and struggles. I admire your bravery in venturing through the main forums lol ;)

Haha it can be a frustrating minefield out there :flushed:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Oh I know it