May!

Options
bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
Ok @Laughter_Girl since it's mostly us, I'll just throw all the days into one post. Goals?

I'm sticking w the same as last month. 20 green and 15 exercise. Just trying to get it done!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Since last month was an epic fail, I'm scaling down my goals for this month. :D Like you @bbinoa, I'll go for 20 Green days and 15 Exercise days. Based on how I did in April, this will be challenging enough. :#
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/1
    Green, yes
    1/20
    Exercise, no
    0/15

Off to a decent start. My goal was to keep it green this weekend and I did! I've been slacking off weekends lately, food wise.

I think our goals are doable! Still a majority of days green and exercising. Works for me! :) we got this!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/2
    Green, yes
    2/20
    Exercise, yes
    1/15

Did you get your Garmin up and running @Laughter_Girl? Yea for new gadgets! Fun fun :smiley:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-1 & 5-2
    Green: No & Yes
    1/20
    Exercise: No & Yes
    1/15

@bbinoa Yes, I have the gadget up and running. Woohoo! I'll do an outdoor activity tomorrow if weather permits to test it out. :)
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/3
    Green, yes
    3/20
    Exercise, yes
    2/15

How was the Garmin test drive @Laughter_Girl?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-3
    Green: Yes
    2/20
    Exercise: Yes
    2/15

@bbinoa The test was great. I did a power walk today, and the GPS and stuff worked perfectly. Unfortunately, after returning home, the watch completely stopped. It was stuck on a screen and wouldn't budge. I couldn't turn it off, charge it, or do anything. After work, I headed to Best Buy with watch in tow. They didn't have it in stock nor did any of the surrounding stores. Thankfully, the sales lady had "magic" hands (according to her) and was able to shut it down. Once it came back on, it's been working just fine again. I'll probably exchange it anyway once they get it in the stores. I told my husband that's one of the joys of getting the latest technology gadgets. My watch is the test dummy. Poor me. :) Hopefully, that was the end of my troubles. Other than that, I LOVE it.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/4
    Green, yes
    4/20
    Exercise, no
    2/15

@Laughter_Girl whaaat? It stopped? ? Good that the salesperson was able to get it working but I'd exchange it too, for sure. Other thank that, glad you love it! What's the style again? I'll have to look it up. My friends got thr new fitbit altra and it's quite sleek and nice. I like my clunky polar though. Good for now.

I forgot to tell you about my sneaker shopping trip w my hubby! The 2nd dr said I should go to the running store and get fitted w new ones. I always do that anyways, but my husband thinks it's a waste of time "what do they know " kind of thing. Last week he takes me to this store that specializes in "comfort brands" he disappears and comes back w a few boxes. He's so sure he's found the solution to my foot pain. I open the first box and... laugh so hard I started crying. Inside were the ugliest white velcro closure things. If you've spent any time with the 80 plus crowd, you've seen them. I look at him, and he's serious about these things!!! He insisted I try them on. I said "do you really want your wife to wear these?" Mind you I'm wearing dark wash skinny jeans, so they looked even hotter! Interestingly, they actually aren't even comfortable! They must be designed for people w alot of foot swelling or something bc they didn't touch the sides of my feet, and came up above my ankles. I refused to try the other pairs on, and we went straight to the running store after that. The salespeople were super helpful and I got fitted for the same style I've warn for 15 yrs bc apparently they still work best for me. I also got a nice "I told you so" moment. :wink:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-4
    3/20
    Exercise: No
    2/15

Another day done.

@bbinoa I got a Vivoactive HR, and I love all the bells and whistles. Everyone I know that has a Fitbit loves it. One of my girlfriends asked me why I couldn't just get a Fitbit like the rest of our friends. I reminded her that I wasn't like everyone else. :D

That is so funny with those shoes. Your hubby was trying so hard like a typical man to "solve" your problem. I hope you let him down easy. Ha, ha, ha. Also, I wish you had taken pics of those white shoes. They sound horrific. Hopefully, you can get back to running soon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I disappeared ladies, my real life has gotten a bit out of control. If my husband doesn't use my truck to tow his Honda to the shop foe a new timing chain soon, I may blow a gasket. I want my truck back.
    It won't happen until after his stress test next week, so I have decided to take control of what I can - my green days.

May goals: 25/31 green. At least a walk every day. I pretty much have to do this to make the hubby who needs a stress test at 43 do it.

May 1: Green and exercise (5k race in 41:43 with a migraine in the background.)
    May 2: Green, no exercise (migraine made a comeback because the AC was out at work)
    May 3: Green, by more than 800 calories, and a lifting and cardio session at the gym
    May 4: Green, with exercise - walk and leg day. (got my depoprovera shot and the migraine disappeared for good - they are definitely hormone related.)

Good lick with new shoes and new gadgets. And Happy Cinco de Mayo. I guess I should make tacos for dinner tonight, huh?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/5
    Green, yes
    5/29
    Exercise, no
    2/15

Work has just been crazy again... it's totally interrupting my lunchtime workouts too! I hate when work gets in the way if my personal life! Hehe.

@Laughter_Girl, yes, I should've taken a pic of the shoes. I can't even describe how awful they were. But definitely hilarious!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, hello again! Sounds like you're doing good w the green days. Migraines stink! Hate those things.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    May 5 - green and exercise. 5/25
    You know what I hate? I hate watching soccer in the rain. And, yet, that's what I did because that where the 9yo was playing.

• Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-5
    4/20
    2/15

Work has been crazy for me too. Although I'm not looking forward to surgery, I'm definitely looking forward to being free from work for 6 weeks. :D

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Welcome back! That soccer game in the rain sounds dreadful, but one does what they must for their children.

@bbinoa I hope work lightens up for you soon.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/6
    Green, yes
    6/20
    Exercise, no
    2/15
    only looks like I got 2 gym days in this week. Just too many other things happening! On the plus side, i had some really nice compliments from some of the guys in my office who i work out with. In a non-creepy way, they were saying how they had noticed my wt loss and I looked great, yea! Funny, I haven't really lost much more from last summer, maybe a lb, but I'm definitely noticing inches coming off from strength training. Woohoo!

@Laughter_Girl when is your surgery? I completely understand looking forward to the surgery staycation too. I felt the same! My sister sent me an awesome gift of nice lotions and face products to complete my "staycation" it was wonderful! Sounds funny, but it felt great to make yourself look/feel better when other stuff was still a little meh.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-6
    5/20
    3/15

@bbinoa Congrats on the compliments! Although I'm not big on receiving compliments (makes me uncomfortable), it's always nice when others can see that the hard work is paying off. Strength training is definitely key. I actually think I'll find a strength training partner once I recover. I definitely want to do more of it, but I'm not confident enough to do it alone. I can do it at home, but I would like to do some heavy lifting, which means going to the gym. I have never wanted a partner for exercise, but in this case, it maybe just what I need. I'll have to pray about it.

My surgery is the 16th. That was a great gift idea from your sister. Thankfully, I won't have to lay low. I'm already making plans to do a lot of walking (probably to the local libraries) and bike riding. The hardest part for me will be the no laughing part. Ha!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-7
    Green: No
    5/20
    3/15

So, I didn't officially exercise, but I helped someone move today, and it was a lot of lifting, carrying and going up/down stairs. I feel like it should count as exercise. ;)
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/7
    Green, no
    6/20
    Exercise, no
    2/15

My planned red day. I had my mother's day dinner out so knew I'd be over. Yummy!
    Also no official exercise but I decided to spring clean my kitchen and that certainly felt like exercise!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    5/6 - red and exercise
    5/7 - green and exercise

6/25

Happy Mother's Day, friends!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    5-8
    6/20
    4/15

Happy Mother's Day ladies! I hope you enjoyed your day. I'm not a mommy, but I was certainly recognized today. My family is the best...sometimes. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5-7
    Green: No
    5/20
    3/15

So, I didn't officially exercise, but I helped someone move today, and it was a lot of lifting, carrying and going up/down stairs. I feel like it should count as exercise. ;)

There's an entry under cardio for moving household items and one for moving furniture. Just saying...

5/8 - green and exercise. The gym was deserted at 1pm. Everyone must have been taking Mom to lunch.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    5/8
    Green, no?
    6/20
    Exercise, no
    2/15

Super busy weekend! We're getting new living room furniture so I've been doing a big time spring cleaning in the house. Love having everything organized and clean. It's not official exercise, but it felt like it!!