Ad Lib April -- Final Check In

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Okay, so it's past Friday, but there was only one day left in the month...and I was out camping.

So, what are your final results?

Replies

• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well done Redimock
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress @redimock !!!

I am also done with tracking. I am definitely over the hump as far as being able to determine real hunger from fake hunger, boredom, cravings, whatever we want to call it.
    My numbers are not as significant, but at 8 pounds to goal I don't expect them to be.

Start
    Scale weight 134.4
    Trend weight 135.4
    BF% 33.9 (calculated as a trend average)
    SM% 27.5 (same)

Finish
    Scale weight 135.8 +1.4
    Trend weight 134.2 -1.2
    BF% 32.6 -1.3%
    SM% 28.5 +1.0%

I'm very happy about the gain of muscle and loss of body fat!
    I participated in All Animal challenge too, though I wasn't great about sticking to it when it came to wine on the weekends and had very little vegetables on 2 occasions.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I unlinked the main thread for this from the top earlier today. I figured I would clean up the pinned area a little bit and got rid of the April Challenges.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not great for me weight-wise but it was an interesting experiment and I learned from it. I think like I said in some previous threads, it just wasn't quite the right timing for me.
    SW on 4/1: 132.0 (I was 131 on 3/31 which is where I was hoping to stay. My maintenance range is 129-132.)
    Highest weight: Got up to 135 for a while. That was painful since it had taken a while to lose those last 4-5 lbs.
    CW: 133.4.

I did go back to part-time logging the second half of the month since I had gained like 4 lbs in the first 10 days or so and I really wanted to be at goal weight for my 40th birthday on 5/6. It's crazy how big a difference even 2-3 lbs makes for me but I think just b/c it's all in the belly and I want to look good in a certain dress for my party on Friday. :)

I think I will participate in meticulous May. I think for me, figuring out my "sweet spot" for maintenance in terms of calories and carbs will go better if I'm logging. Once I've figured it out, I think I can stop logging or only log carbs, or only occasionally, and be fine.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did really well the first 3 weeks, then went on holiday... It has convinced me that I do not need to log for my calories. I am back on the lchf this week and not logging at all. If I ever feel like I am getting off track, I will log only to see my macros are correct. Thanks for the challenge :) I have my own 30 day challenge going atm to make sure I stick to lchf for 30 days straight.