May, 2016, still going strong

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
I started at 153 when we began this mini challenge. This morning I weighed in at 144.4. Almost to that 10 pound mark. It has been a bit more than 2 months though! :*

Shelley

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Shelley!! Great job! I'm really proud of you!

I started March at 140.4...this morning I was 138.6...1.8 pounds gone. Still working my fanny off. This getting older stuff really sucks sometimes...well, except for the not having to get up and go to work stuff!!

<3<3

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I think I'm 137.8 this morning...fingers crossed.

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies! You are all doing so well. I'm up this morning...went on a girlfriends weekend to Cherokee, NC...good times but ate and drank too much. 202.3 this morning...ugh! Have to get back under 200.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize you'all had done so well.

I started and ended April at 163; but my clothes were looser at the end. When I gain or lose weight, the scale moves before the body redistributes the weight. I think excess stuff sits on my hips while it decides where to go. So it feels like the weight that left earlier this year has finally let go of my arms, thighs and stomach. Gawd, it feels so nice not to be stuffed like a sausage anymore.

Would love to lose a single pound this month. A single pound a month is goal in a year. That sounds so much easier than having to lose ten-twenty pounds.

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'm going to stick w/the 137.8 for today, too. I like it!

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I went up a bit too. So staring May at 127.2. Will be losing a pound in May!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've been off the scale since I got back from the ranch. I may wait until Friday morning to get back on. I'm going back to the ranch tomorrow, but just for the day, so I'm packing my own lunch. Ranch food is delicious, but impossible to track and difficult to maintain portion sizes.

I'm hoping to get back into the 130s in May AND STAY THERE!!

Oh, Shelley!! The library where I work just got a fish tank in the children's department! I immediately thought of you. I was there on Monday when the fish got delivered - about 8 or so baby African cichlids.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    I'm down this morning - 200.6 from 202.3. Hope to be below 200 by my Monday weigh in for another challenge.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Nice, Kathy!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good going, Kathy!

I'm still claiming 137.8.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Sounds like some successes here ladies. A pound down a month adds up!

I love cichlids. They can be mean at times. Hopefully they have plenty of hiding places. Old flower pots work nicely. The red clay type. Broken in half adds creativity. :)

Paula here is one to add a photo of. Considering it for my next fish. Regal Angel fish. Wanting one from the Red Sea. Tank is half full again. Cleaned it and dried it out. No nasties in it now. Fred will be moving into it this weekend. Hopefully will be able to return the others in two weeks.

I have nessarius snail eggs on my tanks glass! Hundreds! If they survive I will not have to buy any for the big tank. They are awesome. I must look into it more, but the parents look kind of sad. Hope they are not a lay my eggs and die kind of critter. Had them for a while.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Wow, what a beauty - looks like Tut's cousin?

0u8qbltr4mpx.jpeg
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    It is a beauty for sure. A bit spendy though. There is a difference between the yellow belly variety, pictured and the other. You pictured the one I like. Of course it is the spendy one. I think she and Tut would be great together. I would name her Wilma. Because I have a Fred!

Weighed in at 145. I am happy with it for now.

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Under 145 this morning! :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    137.8 this morning...hope it lasts after double serving of cherries and pecans... :o

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I was actually happy to only still weigh 166 - After last week and the weekend my subconscious was expecting a huge gain.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Holding at 137.8. That makes me happy! Gym workout w/our trainer tonight. bwahahaha!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula my subconscious was right, a big gain. :'( But it is ok, tossing the cake out! Glad you are ok with your smaller gain. It was a fun week. o:)

Chris great job holding! Now show that trainer how it is really done. And speaking of cherries and pecans. I am considering planting a fruit or walnut tree. I love bing cherries and peaches. <3

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley - Gym switched to Friday. DDD has some kiddie germ, but I will show our trainer how all those floor exercises are done...you know...the ones where you are laying down...flat on the floor...looking at the ceiling. I can do those with the best of them!

Walnuts are supposed to be really good for you.

Must go now...the cherries and pecans are calling my name!!

Chris