Insanity......and Obese?

Options
mari_moulin
mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Mari and I am 37 years old. I heard of Insanity ages ago and always wanted to try. Now I am 295 lbs and I quickly realized (first fit test) that this is not a workout for the obese, but I still wanted to do it. So what I did was I modifed the majority of the moves. Anything jumping I just make it a deep squat....and anything on the floor I use my sofa instead to help as my arms cannot hold my weight. Now I will be completing the first month this saturday and then the calendar goes into the MAX training. I am worried because I struggle thru this as it is. Should I just start over and over until I am able to do the MAX training, or should I stop, go onto something else, and then come back to it? Has anyone on here that is obese tried to get through the entire workout calendar?

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Replies

• BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I did insanity I modified a lot of the jumping as well. My rationale is that anything I did was more than I was doing before so it had to be helping! I say do it and do what you can. Don't push anything that does not feel comfortable. You can do it!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I modified stuff too and I wasn't obese, just not able to do all the non-stop jumping and push ups in the world. Is the first month going ok for you? Because I found that by the end of first month I was able to do all the exercises (even my modified push ups) in time without being exhausted.

The max part is a struggle, but it starts like first month, in that you slowly get better at doing it as the weeks go by. With the max month, I had to make a lot of modifications as there is a lot of push ups. But by the end of the second month, I was doing the normal push ups. I didn't get the speed they all were at but even the people in the video were struggling. But I definitely improved and out did my first week doing it.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    I modified stuff too and I wasn't obese, just not able to do all the non-stop jumping and push ups in the world. Is the first month going ok for you? Because I found that by the end of first month I was able to do all the exercises (even my modified push ups) in time without being exhausted.

The max part is a struggle, but it starts like first month, in that you slowly get better at doing it as the weeks go by. With the max month, I had to make a lot of modifications as there is a lot of push ups. But by the end of the second month, I was doing the normal push ups. I didn't get the speed they all were at but even the people in the video were struggling. But I definitely improved and out did my first week doing it.

Yes This week Ive started month 2 i was so afraid because I still cant do all the moves from the first part. But I know that because of my obesity it will just take me longer to get there. But I am dead proud of myself when I finish each session because I amout of breath and sweating and heart rate way up there. I do what I can best I can and I am improving with each day.