Like Mind Lushes May 2016

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have been lushy basically since last Tuesday. We are on the wagon till next weekend. I think it will be a 12 day streak.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Irish trash cans are kind of like a long island ice tea but it has blue Curacao and red bull, which makes it a lovely shade of green, thus the Irish part....I've learned so many drinks since marrying an Irishman... B)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    The Irish certainly know how to toss back a few. Last night was a lot of white wine. I am gearing up to a run at being very good for a while. We shall see how it goes.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Going to get back to some workouts too. I was too hungover yesterday to do anything :|
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Two 0's in a row. Only 10 more to go. Once I get past the weekend, should be piece of cake. Plus the weather is rainy and crappy which makes it easier. Sun makes me want to drink.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I just realized I could access this thread on the app! Wow am I slow or what?!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Planning all 0's until Friday when my hubby goes out of town for a bachelor party. I foresee a lot of wine during my weekend
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Glad you found us Bridget :p
    Plugging along. My goal is not to erase all my work during the week by going crazy on the weekend. It's the son's birthday but I'm going to be good.
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm glad too!! I've really lost touch with this whole thread :(

I've been trying to cut out drinking on the week nights. It goes pretty well up until Thursdays and then I'm ready for a nice glass of wine!!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha everyone!!!!!
    Drinking as usual!
    Monday-1 glass of wine
    Tuesday-1 vodka/juice/soda and 1 glass of wine
    Probably more of the same tonight!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I'm on day 5 no booze. My friend even came over to watch Grey's last night and I had sparkling water. Always reminds me I don't HAVE to drink for every "activity" or get together. But it sure is more fun! On the flip side, I have slept amazingly (until my 16 month old wakes me up at 5:45) and have felt great every morning.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Well done!!
    I'm plugging along. Had wine last night but stayed in calories. Going for a 0 tonight.
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -1
    Thursday -0
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a bit late to the party this month.
    I was being good with food and drink but had a rubbish week. Found out my aunt is terminally ill last Thursday so getting my head round that has involved some emotional eating and drinking. Work has been stressful on top.
    I've lost count of what I've drunk this week it's not loads but there's been a few beers most nights, but hey some weeks just call for it.
    Still I got some summer work clothes out of storage and they fit now but were too tight when I packed them away in Autumn so I must have been doing something right lately.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm sorry about your aunt Yvonne :(

TGIF lushes! My son's 22nd birthday is today. How the hell did that happen? I'm way to young to have a grown man for a son ;) going to moderate this weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Soooo.....5 day (almost) streak is better than none, right?

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 1.5 ciders

It's lovely out. I'm having some wine tonight. This week at work has been NUTS! I am really going to try hard to moderate the rest of this month. We don't have much going on so it is possible. But I'm off the wagon I think. I want to try to cut back on week day drinking.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sorry Yvonne :cry:

Happy Birthday to your son, Sydney, but 22 :scream::noway:

Monday-1 glass of wine
    Tuesday-1 vodka/juice/sprite and 1 glass of wine
    Wednesday-2 vodka/juice/sprite
    Thursday-1 Not your Father's Ginger Ale (very good, VERY sweet...one and done), 2 vodka/juice/sprite and 1 glass of wine
    Trying to decide if we should do happy hour tonight?? We have to get up super early for a 5k tomorrow...its a charity walk through work.
    Oh oh oh and Maui Brewers Fest is tomorrow :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend, I'm drinking Chinese beer to go with Chinese takeout, if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it properly!
    Took my frustrations out on a huge creeping ivy bush in my garden this afternoon. I was only going to trim it a bit but ended up wrestling with it hacking chunks off. I'm fed up with it taking over the garden, it chose the wrong week to pick an argument with me :D
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes....

I'm kind of getting back into MFP and thought I would check out the lush thread that I so love.

2016 has been difficult. My dad died on Jan. 3rd and my MIL died on Feb. 6th. The cat has been missing for 3 weeks. My son will enlist in the marines in July and I will have to say goodbye.

I see that you all are still lushy - Cheers!!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sorry to hear that nisijam. :(

Got pretty buzzed Friday. Dinner out, then neighbors down.

Saturday we day drank at the flea market and had early dinner with wine, but then I took a break and ended the night with 2 big glasses of wine and a movie after the kids went to bed and Eric went to a friend's. It was nice.

Day drank some yesterday too but feel fine other than a little sleepy today as I was up from 3-4am. I do have to say when I don't drink I sleep much better.

I'm going to try to get a couple 0's this week and just moderate otherwise. No heavy week night drinking and try to keep the weekends down too.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kate, are you still moving to Hawaii?