Like Mind Lushes May 2016

Options

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yvonne - Sorry to hear about your aunt. :(
    Kim - Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your incredibly stressful year. Work stress on top of family stress is miserable... :'(

Well, I honestly cannot remember the last zero but there won't be any in my near future - my 60-year old brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly on Monday. He lived in Florida with his wife (the rest of the family are all here in Michigan). So, we're flying to FL tomorrow morning. My husband is pretty broken up over the loss of his "big" brother and I feel so miserably helpless...anyway - the typical Irish send off will include buckets of alcohol...
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    2 days now with 0, 2 more to go until a very lushy week and a half. Actually making some progress too since I'm not going way over calories every day, just going over about 100 calories which is still pretty good. Still a ways away from my low from the other week but hopefully I can not do too much damage this coming week.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    amcanzo wrote: »
    Yvonne - Sorry to hear about your aunt. :(
    Kim - Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your incredibly stressful year. Work stress on top of family stress is miserable... :'(

Well, I honestly cannot remember the last zero but there won't be any in my near future - my 60-year old brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly on Monday. He lived in Florida with his wife (the rest of the family are all here in Michigan). So, we're flying to FL tomorrow morning. My husband is pretty broken up over the loss of his "big" brother and I feel so miserably helpless...anyway - the typical Irish send off will include buckets of alcohol...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, that's awful. :(
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear of the family deaths. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Like Mama Lush and Kim, I have been in a rut for several months. I have been good about the working out, but the calorie count has not been good. If only there weren't the evening calorie binges....

Have a great evening Lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    amcanzo wrote: »
    Oh no! I'm so sorry. He was so young. :'(

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all the sad news. :flowerforyou:

Monday - 1.5 glasses of red
    Tuesday - 1 cider
    Wednesday - 3 small glasses of wine, 1.5 ciders = 4
    Thursday - ? work happy hour that I may or may not stay for then likely dinner out because it's going to be lovely here today and we like walking to dinner when that happens.

We have little planned for the weekend so hopefully we'll have a tame and early Friday and be productive Saturday.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    still in a rut. Next week I am taking off 3 days to make the 3day weekend into a 6day weekend. I hope the weather cooperates and I can get a bunch of stuff done. Holly will be here again for the week too. I am getting used to these monthly visits and they are about to come to an end. I think this is the last one. the woman she is covering for will be back from maternity leave next month. It sure was nice while it lasted. At least I know that she will get me up and walking while she is here. have a good one all.

Sorry to hear about all the losses. It just serves as a reminder that we are not immortal and we need to seize the day as they say.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I found a series of 5K's called MN brewery running series. They start at 11:00 in the morning, my kind of 5K for sure. I think I will sign up for a few of them.

Yesterday was my pity party, 3 wines at the restaurant and 2 at home.
    Today, I am trying to have a new mindset - more positivism and less dwelling.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    1 beer, no exercise and too much food yesterday :/ let's see if I can make today better.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Finally got in a zero last night. Not sure about tonight, but it was a start!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    ryzeman wrote: »
    Finally got in a zero last night. Not sure about tonight, but it was a start!

Way to go!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Zero for me again last night, that's 3 in a row. Even managed to be UNDER calories. Been a long time since that happened! Starting to feel the slightest motivation now.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Agree with you Kitty, nothing like feeling in control to motivate you.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-wine
    Tuesday-2 vodka cocktails and a glass of wine
    Wednesday-went out for a quick bite and Capt America.....5 1/2 beers
    Thursday-I'm feeling a margarita or two :wink:
    Tomorrow is dinner out at a fancy restaurant for our anniversary...probably don't need to spend the money, but whatevs!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Kate. Way to go Gary and Kitty on those zeros! Kim a pity party or two is always allowed. Here's to being positive and not dwelling. :drinker: Easier said than done. Running towards beer is always a good thing. Syd, I am sure you can make every day a better one. You are in a beautiful place with motivating beaches nearby.

Have a good one lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had a little more than half a bottle of wine at happy hour. Left at 6. We walked to our Thursday dinner spot and split a beer and a bottle of wine. We took half the bottle home and finished it off. I feel fine today. So even though I have been drinking every day, I have been pretty moderate. Now to keep it up through the weekend.....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    2 glasses of wine last night. Will probably finish the bottle tonight. Tomorrow is a party/shower for my niece's wedding...we don't really know the groom's family very well so my SIL has asked us all to behave. :D we'll see how that works out.
    Happy weekend lushes :drinker:
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I did it, Mon - Thurs = all zeros!! Managed to be slightly over and even under calories all 4 days too and lost 2 pounds (of the 5 I've gained in the last couple week :/)! Now it's time to have some drinks tonight and this weekend I'm sure will undo all my hard work but I'll do my best to watch what I eat and drink more water in-between drinks. So excited to see my brother for the next week, we will have too much fun for sure!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    ryzeman wrote: »
    Agree with you Kitty, nothing like feeling in control to motivate you.

No truer words have ever been typed! I was feeling very low until this week and now I feel like I can do this... very slowly. And if I avoid any and all social situations. :D
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-wine
    Tuesday-2 vodka cocktails and wine
    Wednesday-5 1/2 beers
    Thursday-3 margaritas
    Friday-we all know something, just not sure what.....wine or booze at dinner. Ohhh maybe a manhattan I haven't had one since we've been on the island :bigsmile:
    Tomorrow, morning we are going for a hike (4 miles along the Waihe'e Coastal dunes) Followed by errands, then followed by drinks, I am sure.
    Sunday, is my cooking day. I REALLY need a another freezer. I LOVE making food and freezing it, so I don't have to worry about cooking when I get home. I haven't cooked in about a month, except for the occasional grilled item or the tacos for cinco de mayo!! I really enjoy cooking and when I can get into the mood and cook for hours I feel so accomplished. There have been so many times in the past that I just didn't feel like cooking so we'd go out or order in...this is a way to stop some of that :laugh:
    Aloha Friday!!!
    Have a great weekend!