It's My Ketoversary!!!

Options
Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
It's my 1 year Ketoversary!
What a great year it's been! I've learned so much about my body's actual needs and how to take much better care of it. I still have plenty of room for improvement, especially when it comes to my nemesis, exercise! Why can't I just like it?!?! Ugh!
I've adjusted and tweaked my plan, counted calories meticulously, threw calorie counting out the window, played around with and then stopped eating any kind of "low carb versions" of foods, fought with and defeated artificial sweeteners and my sweet tooth in general and have truly enjoyed chatting and learning from everyone here in this group.

Here's my story over the last year:
I started out at 165 pounds with a 28.3 BMI and about 41% body fat.
As of Today I am 134.4 pounds with a 23.1 BMI and about 31% body fat.
My original goal weight was 135 because in my previous attempts to lose weight I could never get below 144 and I thought that was a goal that was both challenging and achievable. After an amazing first 3 months
m6gv59399dde.jpeg

I decided there was no reason not to aim for 126 which was a suggested ideal weight on an app I was using at the time. With such a great start I was basically convinced I would reach my first goal by the 6 month point! Wow! I quickly learned that the loss isn't predictable and suddenly became disappointed with my August results, especially since it was my first consistent effort at exercise (just walking 45 minutes most mornings).
234dphflhppn.png

Of course, August was still a productive month, but I'm going to tell you that I was convinced I was "stalled"! I just stayed the course, and had a decent couple of months. Though I will confess that I know I still posted about being "stalled" and having slow results during that time ;)
shlif6a5h0fk.jpeg

I share this because it's such a common feeling after having greater losses in the beginning. But I was making progress all along, even though I felt like I wasn't.
Then in the fall there were many gatherings and holidays and though I stayed fully on Keto, I started making "Keto desserts" at least once a week and sometimes more often, and I quit on my most consistent effort at exercise because it was cold in the morning and well... because I really stink at keeping up on exercise. That did result in some lost progress. But then I got it together and didn't make the same mistake while celebrating in December... Well, not the dessert mistake anyway, I still wasn't exercising. I did make a dessert for Christmas but not every single week! I had no restraint with the sweets.
This is also when I decided to start weighing myself daily so that I could better understand all the ups and downs and work on focusing less on the scale number.
0hgfgzyl0ymm.jpeg

Going into 2016 I eased up on myself about the weight fluctuations and really worked on changing my feelings about the scale and what's most important to me. I feel great and more focused.
Weight loss has continued toward my goal, though slowly, it's perfectly ok because I feel great everyday and don't feel deprived in any way. I can do this forever. :)
It was when I took the relaxed approach even further in April by not logging and trying an all animal food plan (except all the wine I cheated and had) that i showed a bit of a jump in progress again.
0pnwq7raxr0v.jpeg

My most current lesson is very much on par with some previous ones.
Relax, don't stress it. It will happen if I stay the course.
Eat when hungry and don't when not.
Happiness doesn't come from a Keto dessert, and they don't make special occasions any more special. Either the occasion is special or not. The food doesn't make it so.
I don't need to feed the nightly sweet tooth, and if I do it'll never die.
I'm not a dog, I don't eat treats for a reward.
Scale weight changes from hour to hour, day to day and week to week, but it's the month to month I see my progress.
Exercise is for health, not weight loss, and I need to get it together on that still.
I'm sure there are a bunch more too, but it's been a busy day and I've been trying to write this for going on 12 hours now and am constantly interrupted by one Mom task after another! Lol
Anyway, thank you everyone for being a constant source of inspiration, friendship in this journey, valuable resources, insight and understanding along the way.
Here's my one year progress pic in the same shorts! They barely stayed up for the photo!
I can't believe I ever thought I stopped making progress!
iajz4t8a9e80.jpeg

I can't wait to hear everyone else's story on your Ketoversary or LowCarbversary too!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome work and I have to say, you were one of the first people I added from this group because I found your advice really helpful when I first came to these forums.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
    Thanks do much for sharing
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your progress is awesome!

You've been a source of inspiration for me, and many others here! Your ability to write, and convey information has been very informative! You have an eloquence in the support you provide to others here that I admire! It's been an amazing year, and I'm looking forward to being here with you, progressing through this maze of obtaining health!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Mahvelous simply mahvelous!!!!

>:) or o:)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    Happy Ketoversary!
    And also, DAYYYYUM, gurl! :wink:
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You're such a curious spirit. Your journey reflects how determined you are to find solutions and make it work! This attitude alone is success and will take you farther than you imagined. Very happy for you :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely incredible! You make me smile so much! Happy Ketoversary, @Sunny_Bunny_ !!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, @Sunny_Bunny_ ! Not only have you had a successful year personally, you share your experience and knowledge with the rest of us who are coming alongside and behind you. I always am eager to read your comments, and I've learned much from you. Thank you for being an inspiration! <3
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Happy Ketoversary!! Congratulations on all of your success so far. I have no doubts that you'll find a way to reach your new goal, you always have such a positive spirit through all the ups and downs. With your success so far, your high level of commitment, and your enthusiasm for trying new things and learning more about your body, you are an such an inspiration to others, which I know will in turn give you the strength you need to keep up the fight!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ Grats ! You've done very well! The photos show quite a difference. You are right that this way of eating and exercise are the way to health. Keep on keepin on!
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Happy ketoversery!!! Wonderful progress! Thanks for sharing your lessons learned along the way.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome. I also like that you took pictures with the same clothes it also highlights how far you have come!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooo proud of you my friend!!!!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Awe girl look at your teeny little waist ;)

I've loved following along watching your journey. You're dedication and adherence to the healthiest path for yourself is aspirational. Thank you for all the time you put into this group and sharing so much with us all. Can't wait to see what the next year brings!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! Your progress is amazing, I always enjoy reading your posts and learning what you know and share with all of us. Keep up the great work :)

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Way to go SunnyBunny!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! You're all so kind and have truly made my day!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Sunny_Bunny_ !

You've been a huge help to me in my own journey during the past six months. Your success is a true inspiration and gives me hope that I might also succeed. Thank you.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,052 Member
    Options
    Happy Ketoversary Honey, Sunny!