Options

Replies

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    The Binge: 0
    DBF: 25

Thank you @Moxie42 ! I appreciate it. And definitely keep celebrating all your victories :) Lately, I'm struggling daily it seems, but I am happy with myself for the progress I've made with stopping myself.

Hang in there @garupo! I've had plenty of months with more binges than not, and now I will sometimes make 20- 30 days streaks before a binge. Keep yourself accountable and it will likely help over time. It has helped me. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    garupo wrote: »
    It is May 16 when I found this thread, but I think it's a great idea... I'm currently struggling... and The Binge has been winning. Never too late for a start, right?

May 16 to June 16
    Me- 0
    The Binge - 1

Tomorrow will be different. :(

It's never too late! I think I've done the "Me vs. The Binge" forum string at least 5 times and this is the first time I've stuck with it after a binge and the first time I've gone over a week without binging (I ruined my streak last night but hey, starting over today!) The only way to guarantee failure is to give up- it sounds cheesy, I know, but it's still true. Keep up the effort! :)

The more you flex your not-binging muscle, the stronger it will get. You've made a week. What if next time you add a day to that - make it 8 days. Then the next reboot 9 days, and so on and so forth?!?!?! Before long, it could be history - you leaving it behind in the dust!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    The Binge: 5
    DBF: 1
  • SlimSage
    SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me: 13
    Binge: 4

I've only been successful when I literally stay in my room, in my bed, after 6PM because my binges happen after that time.
  • SlimSage
    Options
    What is "DBF"?
  • garupo
    garupo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    The Binge: 2

Something happens to me... I try to eat well during meals so that hunger doesn't cause binges mid-afternoon... but then the fact that I feel guilty that I ate too much during a meal causes me to binge. Neverending story.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    @SlimSage - DBF is "days binge-free." Looks like you're doing good though! 13 days is awesome, whether they were consecutive or not! Even just knowing that staying in your room after 6pm works for you means you've tried that! It means you're willing to try different things and do what it takes.

It won't always be like this- a lot of people start off really strict or with what might seem like unusual "rules" until they start to learn new habits and can more easily handle tempting/triggering situations. There was a time I had to leave all forms of money at home in order to prevent myself from hitting up a drive-thru (even if I was on my way home to have dinner)!

But maybe think about what leads to those nighttime binges. Not eating enough during the day, boredom, stress thinking about going to work the next day, etc. Once you figure out what leads to the urges, you can start thinking about ways to avoid or react to them. I'm just barely scratching the surface of that myself and learning what leads to my binges- I have a LONG way to go on figuring out how to avoid them. I hear lots of great advice and I'm good at planning...but I'm not very good at following through and taking that advice when I need to use it! Not YET anyway...slowly but surely it's getting better. I know it can get better for you too :smile:
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 17
    DBF: 26
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 17*
    Binge: 0
    Streak: 260
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 2
  • SlimSage
    Options
    Me: 14
    DBF: 2

I just noticed most of the updates are for the day before and don't include the current day, but mine is including the current day...just want to emphasize that I am not that bad at math :smile:
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 27
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 13
    DBF: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 19*
    Binge: 0
    Streak: 262
  • SlimSage
    Options
    Me: 15
    DBF : 3
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 14
    DBF: 4

It was a close call last night, and I didn't make great choices but I did NOT binge, whew!
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    me: 20
    b:0
    dbf:121
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 20
    DBF: 29

Staying on track, but struggling daily.. why is it sooooo hard to avoid these cravings?! So to frustrating. I'm trying so hard not to cave...
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 15
    DBF: 5
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 21
    DBF: 30