Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half-marathon yesterday! Trail run, at 8am. I am NOT a morning runner, so the early start time was the worst part for me! I think I need to start incorporating early-morning-running into my training LOL. TMI, I had also just started my period, and almost didn't leave my bed because of it. I seriously considered just throwing my months of training out the window because of something as stupid as that! But, I sucked it up, cramps and all, and headed down to the race.

2:01:18 was my finish time, which was a personal record for me! I was just hoping to come in under 2:20:00! I can't believe I did by over 18 minutes! It was such an adrenaline rush. The only other official races I had done were 5Ks. This was a big step for me. Crossing that finish line was so amazing. I have already googled other half-marathons in my area so I can do it again and try to get a sub-2-hour finish! I know I can do it! I came so close already!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats lockedoor that was a fantastic time, bet you are glad you got out of that bed ! :)

my races were the cooley 10k coast run 51.57 which is a PB for me and then over the weekend the ladies mini marathon in Dublin 10 k again but a completely different race!

Its the biggest race of its kind in the world, 40 000 ladies pounding the streets of Dublin the craic was ninety I think we crossed the line in 1 hr 39 mins. Brilliant day out restored my confidence in racing after feeling very negative throughout the previous race ( which is silly considering I got a PB!)

Raring to go for a ten miler locally wkend after next and a 5k with my son the following weekend.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    "TMI, I had also just started my period, and almost didn't leave my bed because of it. I seriously considered just throwing my months of training out the window because of something as stupid as that! But, I sucked it up, cramps and all, and headed down to the race."

Congrats on your PR! As a side note, all of my PRs have been set during "that time". I think I read that something about the hormone changes actually make you go faster. I will never skip a race for that reason! :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    19:54 5k PR :)

1st woman
    6th overall
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wild Horse Half Marathon
    1:27:16
    6th OA
    2nd AG
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Local 5K - 21:15. 2nd in my age group.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Gaspee Days 5K, Warwick, RI -

170 30/167 M4049 KEITH ANGILLY 47 M 24 Meriden CT 22:57.8 7:25 23:03.5

They had over 1400 show up this year, a nice showing for my hometown 5k. This was a PR by 54 seconds, in pretty humid conditions.

My age group winner ran a 17.29, which was closely followed by another 49 yo at 17:31. Those are some fast older dudes! In all, 7 M4049's broke 20...sigh, I have a lot of work to do!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Gaspee Days 5K, Warwick, RI -

170 30/167 M4049 KEITH ANGILLY 47 M 24 Meriden CT 22:57.8 7:25 23:03.5

They had over 1400 show up this year, a nice showing for my hometown 5k. This was a PR by 54 seconds, in pretty humid conditions.

My age group winner ran a 17.29, which was closely followed by another 49 yo at 17:31. Those are some fast older dudes! In all, 7 M4049's broke 20...sigh, I have a lot of work to do!

WTG - running anywhere in New England is - impressive. Can't breath there myself :)
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    LT 5K
    17:35
    5th OA
    1st AG
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2th June Dublin ladies mini marathon ( 10k) 1 hour 40 mins of shuffling, walking, laughing and having the craic with 40,000 other women round the streets of Dublin. Brilliant!

7th June Mourne way half marathon 2 hrs 37 mins of rain, mud, moutains, sheep, bogs streams and rivers.I loved it!

14th June Glenmore 10 mile challenge. 2 miles down hill, 5 miles up hill, 3 miles down. It was a challenge. 1hr 29mins.

All in a great month so far, 5 k tonight!
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    10K Twilight Trail Run in 44:34. 4th Overall (59 total runners) :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    20:45 5k far cry from a PR but 1st woman & 5th overall won 150$ Whooohoo :)
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    20:45 5k far cry from a PR but 1st woman & 5th overall won 150$ Whooohoo :)
    Money is good, you can use it for more race entries
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I won the Esprit de She 10k! I did not PR but pulled off a 44 min in 93 degrees, hilly and crowded course. So I am super excited!!!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I won the Esprit de She 10k! I did not PR but pulled off a 44 min in 93 degrees, hilly and crowded course. So I am super excited!!!!

Congrats! And that is a great time, and wow under those conditions. I melt above 84 degress, ha ha.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I did a 21:20 5k somewhere in there according to my Garmin, which is cool because I have never run that distance in an official race but that is the lowest time my garmin has ever recorded for me. and it would have gotten second in the race!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!!!!! Awesome race!
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    10.2 Mile race in Fayetteville, Tennessee
    Hot, HUMID, and raining off & on -- rolling hills and climbs throughout (it is Tennessee).

1:29:11
    3rd in AG, 35/136 OA (+14 DNFs)

It was a fun race with a TON of swag!

I know that this is not breaking any land/speed records, but I am very happy with the results considering that I am finally able to run again (I am legally disabled) and have only been back in training since February!
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options
    I did a 21:20 5k somewhere in there according to my Garmin, which is cool because I have never run that distance in an official race but that is the lowest time my garmin has ever recorded for me. and it would have gotten second in the race!

Awesome job!!
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Awesome! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.