Post your recent results!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
I didn't see a thread here about race results, just upcoming races. So I thought I'd start one. Here's your chance to brag (or complain) about your recent race performances.

Replies

• davemunger
    Options
    Okay, since you asked, I'll go first -- I just ran the Peachtree 10K in Atlanta. Very happy with my performance, a 39:46, which is my second-fastest 10K. It wasn't too hot but it was crazy humid, so glad to break 40 when conditions were definitely not ideal. Amazing to run a race with runners with names like "Geremew," "Kitwara," and "Keflezeghi".
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Okay, since you asked, I'll go first -- I just ran the Peachtree 10K in Atlanta. Very happy with my performance, a 39:46, which is my second-fastest 10K. It wasn't too hot but it was crazy humid, so glad to break 40 when conditions were definitely not ideal. Amazing to run a race with runners with names like "Geremew," "Kitwara," and "Keflezeghi".

That's a blistering pace! My last race was a 5 miler. Hot (for here), humid, windy, rolling and a bazillion turns, so expectations were low. Ended up with 44:05 which I was thrilled with. Should probably say I was race walking not running. Just prior to that a 10 mile race (running) in 1:10:50 and before that a 1/2 where I PR'd with 1:34:17
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Okay, since you asked, I'll go first -- I just ran the Peachtree 10K in Atlanta. Very happy with my performance, a 39:46, which is my second-fastest 10K.

That's an excellent time!! I ran the PRR for the first time, which was also my first 10K and longest race yet. I finished in 50:40. I probably could have done better but the first mile was slow.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Okay, since you asked, I'll go first -- I just ran the Peachtree 10K in Atlanta. Very happy with my performance, a 39:46, which is my second-fastest 10K.

That's an excellent time!! I ran the PRR for the first time, which was also my first 10K and longest race yet. I finished in 50:40. I probably could have done better but the first mile was slow.

That's an amazing time for your first 10K! Awesome job!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My last race(s) were at a track meet last week. I ran the following.

1500m - 5:02
    800m - 2:34
    100m - 12.68

All three were PR's (the latter two only because I have never raced those distances), the first one by 9 seconds.

Next race is a mile race on the track Wednesday evening.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I just ran two of my best times ...
    10k - 54:20
    5k - 26:01
    Still a way to go ... but getting better
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Carson, your comment about never having done those distances made me chuckle. I keep saying that someday I will do a 5k, but the thought of it scares me. I wouldn't have a clue on how to run it. :bigsmile: Seriously. I wouldn't know what to do (other than just run really fast???)

Here's my problem: I am slow but can run for a long time. It takes me at least a 5k to get warmed up, sometimes longer. My last event was 3 weeks ago, a 50 mile trail race, that was OK, not great, but hey! I finished! (10:56, 6200' climbing). I have another trail 50 in 2 weeks. I think it will be tougher than the last one as I am starting to get a bit of what I call "season fatigue" (plus it is a tougher course: minimum elevation is 6800', tops out at 9200' and the RD says that the gain is still TBD but I think it'll be about 9000').
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    Carson, your comment about never having done those distances made me chuckle. I keep saying that someday I will do a 5k, but the thought of it scares me. I wouldn't have a clue on how to run it. :bigsmile: Seriously. I wouldn't know what to do (other than just run really fast???)

Here's my problem: I am slow but can run for a long time. It takes me at least a 5k to get warmed up, sometimes longer. My last event was 3 weeks ago, a 50 mile trail race, that was OK, not great, but hey! I finished! (10:56, 6200' climbing). I have another trail 50 in 2 weeks. I think it will be tougher than the last one as I am starting to get a bit of what I call "season fatigue" (plus it is a tougher course: minimum elevation is 6800', tops out at 9200' and the RD says that the gain is still TBD but I think it'll be about 9000').

That's why, for a 5K, I run the course prior to the race. It takes me a good 3 miles to warm up. So, a preview run of the course with some strides at the end gets me ready to run at the gun.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I was talking about pre race routines with somebody they other day and they were amazed that my warmup for a 5k is, well, a 5k.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    I was talking about pre race routines with somebody they other day and they were amazed that my warmup for a 5k is, well, a 5k.

Yep. A 5K race is a 9 mile day. I try to get my money's worth. :)
  • davemunger
    Options

100m - 12.68

All three were PR's (the latter two only because I have never raced those distances), the first one by 9 seconds.

Nice time on that 1500! Well done! I'm also quite certain I could never approach a 12.68 100-meter dash.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

100m - 12.68

Nice time on that 1500! Well done! I'm also quite certain I could never approach a 12.68 100-meter dash.

Thanks. Mile race tonight. We'll see where that comes in. I'm thinking 5:15-5:20 depending how well I can push through lap 3.

I've always been more fast twitch than slow. I was one of the fastest guys in my HS. I told my coach that time and he almost fell over. It's WAVA graded at 83.15%. So, I think next spring I'm going to work on some sprint distances and maybe compete in one of the big senior track meets. Maybe 100m and 200m. We'll see.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    My first race ever was the Santa Monica 10K 5/19 I ran a 80:40 which for me was 6 minutes faster than I ever did the distance before in training runs some of the excitement of the first race I am sure my last mile was in the lower 12 min area and the fastest of the 6 so I think I can go faster
    2 weeks later I did a local 5K in northern NJ at 39:59 wanted to break 40 and just barely kicked it in
    What I question is can I trim another 6 minutes off the 10K time my next races are 5K around Labor day and a 10K in Oct I would really like to be in the low 70s
    this is a long process for me I have gotten my daily runs to the 5 mile range at least 4 times a week
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    this is a long process for me I have gotten my daily runs to the 5 mile range at least 4 times a week

Start creeping one of those runs up so that it's longer than the others. Get it to the 90 minute range, whatever that works out to in mileage for you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    2 Jun 2013 - HM 1:45:44

I'm really proud of this one considering my last two HMs were 2:29 and 2:10. Just run and run and run some more. I've got two more halves coming up (trail and a road) and then two fulls after that, with a couple tris in between. Busy and successful year :)
  • mellorunner
    Options
    Last time I raced was in the beginning of May, with a terrible track 5000 (right around 17 flat, about a minute off my PR). That's what happens when you try to race after missing 5 weeks with an injury and having iron issues. No bueno.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options

Start creeping one of those runs up so that it's longer than the others. Get it to the 90 minute range, whatever that works out to in mileage for you.
    [/quote]
    I generally have a run thats about 7 miles that hits the 90 to 110 minutes depending on pace and a generally how this old body feels.
    I just wonder how much improvement I can expect at my age by October and then again by next May in Santa Monica again. I am glad to do the mileage as I love getting out but expect at some point my body will just max out.
    I do expect to lose another 20 pounds by October
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm quite chuffed with my HM progress over the past 3years...
    My running started ok...
    Sept 2008 - 2:24
    April 2009 - 2:16
    Then I injured my knee in 2009, had to skip the September HM that year, couldn't run for ages, put on 25 lb...
    Sept 2010 - 2:51:cry:
    May 2011 2:31
    Sept 2011 - 2:25
    Sept 2012 - 2:21
    March 2013 - 2:18
    May 2013 - 2:13

Aiming for sub-2hours one day...:smile:
  • davemunger
    Options
    I'm quite chuffed with my HM progress over the past 3years...
    My running started ok...
    Sept 2008 - 2:24
    April 2009 - 2:16
    Then I injured my knee in 2009, had to skip the September HM that year, couldn't run for ages, put on 25 lb...
    Sept 2010 - 2:51:cry:
    May 2011 2:31
    Sept 2011 - 2:25
    Sept 2012 - 2:21
    March 2013 - 2:18
    May 2013 - 2:13

Aiming for sub-2hours one day...:smile:

Wow, nice steady progress! When's the next one?
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My last three races were a 5k at 25:38, a 10k at 55:41, and a hm at 2:08:58. Going to be training for a full this fall and will be running all these distance races again, hoping for some big PR's. Some of you guys posting on here have incredible fast times, I am impressed and inspired!!
This discussion has been closed.