Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    18:01 Gun time this weekend at the Aztec 5K. Fast crowd out there, only finished 6th in my Age Group.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half at 2:06:24.0 last sunday! Very very very happy with that time!

I'm already working on my training plan for my next half in may. I'll be lifting this time around and working on a sub 2:00 time :)
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Toughest 10k Kemah

50:27 (PR -3:31)
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half at 2:06:24.0 last sunday! Very very very happy with that time!

I'm already working on my training plan for my next half in may. I'll be lifting this time around and working on a sub 2:00 time :)

Yeah! Congratulations!
  • davemunger
    Options
    I'm going to do a 6x800 workout at 3:10 with 200 meter jog recovery to solidify I'm in better shape than that 22:28 indicates. I have been working hard to improve.

If you can do that (assuming your recoveries are 2 minutes or less), you are good for a sub-20-minute 5K on a flat course. I've always found that I can run a 5K at the same pace I run 6*800.

3:10 800s = 6:22 miles = 19:47 5K.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Toughest 10k Kemah

50:27 (PR -3:31)
    Sweet improvement! Congrats
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dave: I did the workout last night. It just wasn't there. I went from 23 miles two weeks ago to 41 last week with a 5k race and then a 13 mile long run in the morning. My legs are far from fresh. However here is what I did the workout in

3:21
    3:24
    3:25
    3:26 (walked the 200 meter recovery because I felt sick to my stomach, not from exhaustion??)
    3:29 (my legs were dead.. there was nothing left. I wasn't even aerobically 100% fatigued)

my 200 meter jog recoveries were between 1:25-1:35 each.

When I have fresh legs I'm sure I could knock them all under 3:20 however 3:10 is a very long shot. I don't think I'm ready for sub 20 yet but I believe I'm closer than 22:28.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    10 mile race 1:31:26. 12/60 for age group
  • davemunger
    Options
    Dave: I did the workout last night. It just wasn't there. I went from 23 miles two weeks ago to 41 last week with a 5k race and then a 13 mile long run in the morning. My legs are far from fresh. However here is what I did the workout in

3:21
    3:25
    3:26 (walked the 200 meter recovery because I felt sick to my stomach, not from exhaustion??)
    3:29 (my legs were dead.. there was nothing left. I wasn't even aerobically 100% fatigued)

my 200 meter jog recoveries were between 1:25-1:35 each.

When I have fresh legs I'm sure I could knock them all under 3:20 however 3:10 is a very long shot. I don't think I'm ready for sub 20 yet but I believe I'm closer than 22:28.

Only way to find out is to do the workout when you are fresh! Maybe you'll surprise yourself, but it sounds like you've got some work to do...
  • davemunger
    Options
    Lungstrong 15K in Cornelius, NC. 1:00:37, 6:30 pace. Was hoping for sub-60-minutes but I'm pretty happy with my time on a hilly course. Here's a full recap on my blog:

http://mungerruns.blogspot.com/2013/09/race-recap-lungstrong-15k.html
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    29:35 at the Bonita Stampede 8K this weekend. I was not real happy with my performance but I did manage 2nd AG.
  • davemunger
    Options
    29:35 at the Bonita Stampede 8K this weekend. I was not real happy with my performance but I did manage 2nd AG.

Sub-30 8k is still nothing to sneeze at... well done! What's your PR?
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fort4Fitness Half Marathon. 1:45.20 That is a PR for me! It was also my first Half marathon since May 2008. I'm 5 years older, 35 pounds lighter (since last race) but 10 minutes faster.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options

Sub-30 8k is still nothing to sneeze at... well done! What's your PR?

In the 8K? 29:35 (my first time racing that distance). There were a couple of guys I was close to a few weeks back that finished over a full minute ahead of me this weekend which is the source of my disappointment.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I did my first Half Marathon in June this year with a time of 1:57:55. I was so happy to come under 2 hours as when i started training i thought i was going to be around 2:30:00. It was my first ever running race since i started running in Feb.
  • davemunger
    Options
    I did my first Half Marathon in June this year with a time of 1:57:55. I was so happy to come under 2 hours as when i started training i thought i was going to be around 2:30:00. It was my first ever running race since i started running in Feb.

Congrats on the sub-2-hour half debut! That is fantastic.
    Fort4Fitness Half Marathon. 1:45.20 That is a PR for me! It was also my first Half marathon since May 2008. I'm 5 years older, 35 pounds lighter (since last race) but 10 minutes faster.

That is amazing. If you're like me, you will continue to get faster if you keep up with your training. Great job!
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    DId my first trail run last weekend. North Face Endurance Challenge 10K in Pine Mountain, GA. 1:26:11. Trail running is a lot different than road running thats for sure. My normal 10K time would have been around 55 minutes. Nice change from the road.
  • Luv4Fitness1
    Luv4Fitness1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Running is a passion of mine and a stress reliever!! I'm constantly looking for different training ideas and trying to improve my long distance pace. Signing up for a 5k race next month and trying to beat my previous time.
    Previous times:
    5k race in August 2013: 20:03
    10k trail run in April 2013: 46:52
    10 mile race in August 2013: 1:16:24
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Ran my first marathon today (I started running last fall and have been gradually increasing distance since my first 5k on 12/1/12) and finished in between 3:47 and 3:48.

Felt good overall (besides my quadricep muscles which took a real beating during the downhill portions) and enjoyed the cool temperatures for the race.

Any regrets I had about my pacing were eliminated once I looked at the split times for the field and the course elevation chart below (the last six miles were by far the hilliest of the race). Despite slowing down for the second half, my overall ranking was actually best at the finish line (as compared to the 5k, 10k, 13.1m, 30k, 21m and 24m points)!

https://www.tcmevents.org/_asset/7mb9sc/Marathon-Course-Map-2013.pdf

My carb/caffeine loading protocol (posted in this group) seemed to work well except I have to wonder if it made harder for me to fall asleep last night (I still think it was my nerves that kept me up). My body tolerated a pre race 5 hour energy shot, banana and oatmeal well along with caffeinated Clif gels during the second half of the race so I don't think my lack of sleep hurt much.

If I could go back a few months and change a few things, I might have done more downhill road running (I did the great majority of my long runs on trails) to get more used to running on harder surfaces.

Thanks for your support everyone! Many of you have given me extremely useful advice which has helped me improve as a runner and avoid injury since I started last fall.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    First Half-Marathon:
    10:35 pace
    2:18:27
    95/212 for my age group

Definitely nothing to brag about, but I'm happy with it. I felt amazing for miles 1-10, but then my knees were in serious pain for the final 3 miles. But I was able to muster up the strength to sprint once I got the finish line in sight, so I'm happy to have finished strong. Now just looking at all my options to figure out what to try next. Swimming? Yoga? Weight lifting? I will definitely keep running, but I want to diversify my experience while I can. :)
This discussion has been closed.