Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Ran my first marathon today (I started running last fall and have been gradually increasing distance since my first 5k on 12/1/12) and finished in between 3:47 and 3:48.

Felt good overall (besides my quadricep muscles which took a real beating during the downhill portions) and enjoyed the cool temperatures for the race.

Wow, well-done first marathon! Congrats. I don't know how much you would have been helped by downhill training to be honest. That's a solid time for a first marathon and sore quads are to be expected. That hill near the end looks brutal!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi all after 17 days eating and drinking on a cruise ship and only a treadmill to run on, I returned to shore Friday and as prep for my half marathon next Sunday I ran in a local 5k on Saturday. I found it hard going but still managed 28:29 which is only a minute or so off my PR and was 3rd ( out of five) in my age group. So not as bad as I thought it might be.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It is nice to look at my stats since I started running again last year, I love seeing how my pace has improved. That keeps me motivated and makes me want to keep going and get under a 10 min pace.
    *****5K Splash Mob 07/21/2012 (37:49 mins, pace 12 min mile)
    *****Hot Chocolate 5K 12/09/2012 (34 mins, pace 10:56 min mile)
    *****Phoenix Marathon 10K 03/02/2013 (66 mins, pace 10:37 min mile)
    *****Emmas Run 10k 04/06/2013 (67 mins, pace 10:46 min mile)
    *****A Race for Maggies Place 10k 10/06/2013 (65 mins pace 10:27 min mile)

The last race is what I completed this weekend.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hi all after 17 days eating and drinking on a cruise ship and only a treadmill to run on, I returned to shore Friday and as prep for my half marathon next Sunday I ran in a local 5k on Saturday. I found it hard going but still managed 28:29 which is only a minute or so off my PR and was 3rd ( out of five) in my age group. So not as bad as I thought it might be.

That is great! Its always good to learn that our fitness level remained stable for longer than we expected during a period of relative inactivity
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I finished my first full marathon yesterday! My time was 4:21:22.

The first 21 miles went pretty well, nice and steady. My half split was 2:00:49 (my previous half race time was 2:08). I started to have some knee trouble after that though, which is strange... I've never had problems with my knees before, it's usually something else! It must have been the hills I guess. I probably didn't do enough hill training, or I should have just picked a flatter course for my first one. I really wanted to run it in my hometown though.

I followed the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan for mileage. I think it worked out ok. It did what it was supposed to do. It got me to the starting line in reasonably good shape and I was able to finish, although it wasn't the strong finish I had hoped for. Oh well, gives me something to shoot for next time!

I just started running about a year and a half ago. I had never done any running (or any other sports) before in my life, and I'm 43.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    I finished my first full marathon yesterday! My time was 4:21:22.

The first 21 miles went pretty well, nice and steady. My half split was 2:00:49 (my previous half race time was 2:08). I started to have some knee trouble after that though, which is strange... I've never had problems with my knees before, it's usually something else! It must have been the hills I guess. I probably didn't do enough hill training, or I should have just picked a flatter course for my first one. I really wanted to run it in my hometown though.

I followed the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan for mileage. I think it worked out ok. It did what it was supposed to do. It got me to the starting line in reasonably good shape and I was able to finish, although it wasn't the strong finish I had hoped for. Oh well, gives me something to shoot for next time!

I just started running about a year and a half ago. I had never done any running (or any other sports) before in my life, and I'm 43.

Congratulations! Great result for your first marathon. I followed a Hal Higdon plan for most of my training as well. Hopefully your knees heal quickly with lots of rest. Perhaps you are following the same recovery plan I am:
    http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51152/Post-Marathon-Zero-Week-Training-Program

I think that no matter how hard we train the last 5 miles is hard for all of us. In fact even among the elite runners competing to win the race, many slow down dramatically at some point. I know because I looked up the split times of the time 10 male and female runners from the race I just ran.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Today I ran the Great West Run in Exeter UK, a hilly half marathon. I had a target of 2:10 and actually ran 2:06:17. Which is 23 min off my previous best time so am delighted. I went off far too fast again mile 1 in 7 min 42 sec but managed to keep my form and finished OK, I came 1415th out of 2200 and 20th in my age group. It was great to be running in amongst the "real runners" and not at the back of the field.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Did the Freedom run half marathon yesterday and WOW am I hurting today. 2:10 and not a PR but I survived...barely! Another half this weekend in Gettysburg hope the hills aren't anywhere near what I experienced yesterday
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    rayvynn
    10 mile race 1:31:26. 12/60 for age group

Great run!!! Also, I see you did a half-marathon yesterday and that's a great race too! Good luck on your upcoming race.

I don't really have anything to update as I haven't done a race in a while. I did a 5K a month ago at 21:34 (first overall female, which tells you what the competition is like in southern suburbia) but I've got a 5K coming up that will hopefully be better.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It is nice to look at my stats since I started running again last year, I love seeing how my pace has improved. That keeps me motivated and makes me want to keep going and get under a 10 min pace.
    *****5K Splash Mob 07/21/2012 (37:49 mins, pace 12 min mile)
    *****Hot Chocolate 5K 12/09/2012 (34 mins, pace 10:56 min mile)
    *****Phoenix Marathon 10K 03/02/2013 (66 mins, pace 10:37 min mile)
    *****Emmas Run 10k 04/06/2013 (67 mins, pace 10:46 min mile)
    *****A Race for Maggies Place 10k 10/06/2013 (65 mins pace 10:27 min mile)

The last race is what I completed this weekend.

I agree! It's great to see how your pace has improved. :)
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ran Dayton River Corridor Half this morning. 1:45:28 official for a 8:03 pace. This is 8 seconds from a HM PR. Garmin had me at 13.3 miles and a 7:54 pace. Finished 84th overall, and 5th in Age Group (males 45-49). Small race - about 600 people.

This was a tune up for next weeks Columbus Marathon.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Completed my first HM today with a time of 02:33:41. Come to find out that there was a mix up on the course that caused the majority of us to run 13.35 instead of 13.1. So proud of myself.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Saratoga springs NY Palio half marathon 2:09:02 a 5 second PR over my first half marathon lol! I didn't train nearly as much this time, but I am still Happy to have a pr! I have my eyes on a full marathon next year!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ran the Rock N Roll Brooklyn 10k this weekend in 1 hr 5 min. First 10k so obviously a PR. I only started running in May, so I'm pretty happy with myself. Registering for my first half on December 8th - hopefully it isn't too much of a jump to make in 2 months.
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    USA Space City 10 miler. 1:25:50. PR (-5 min).
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Fox Valley Half Marathon. Race walking. 2:00:22
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Completed my first HM today with a time of 02:33:41. Come to find out that there was a mix up on the course that caused the majority of us to run 13.35 instead of 13.1. So proud of myself.

Congratulations on a great first HM!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    USA Space City 10 miler. 1:25:50. PR (-5 min).

Congrats on your big time improvement and new PR!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Ran the Rock N Roll Brooklyn 10k this weekend in 1 hr 5 min. First 10k so obviously a PR. I only started running in May, so I'm pretty happy with myself. Registering for my first half on December 8th - hopefully it isn't too much of a jump to make in 2 months.

Congratulations on your first 10K! Good luck with your HM training!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hartford Half Marathon (CT, USA)

first half - 1:51:11
This discussion has been closed.