C25k week 5 day 3 dilemma

Options
ssakcik
ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
I did week 5 day 2 yesterday (x2 8 min intevals)... Tomorrow is a 20 min (no intevals) run. I managed the 8 min intervals yesterday (just lol) and am contemplating what to do tomorrow... Do I give day 3 a go and if need be walk in between and then move onto week 6 or do I give day 2 a few more attempts?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My rule is generally to move on to the next day if I successfully completed the last one, even if "just barely". So, I'd say give day 3 a go, but make sure you're running as slowly as you can. If you don't manage the 20 minutes without a walking break then decide whether to drop back to day 2 or try day 3 again. Some people plunge ahead even if they didn't quite accomplish the last goal, but I prefer to repeat until I get it. I'd rather take longer and actually complete the program than try to stick to the schedule and end up giving up.
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Thank you... I'll give day 3 a go and see how I get on. Week 6 day 1 seems easier than the 20 mins tomorrow so I'll see how I get on tomorrow and then make a decision. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same exact schedule! W5D3 tomorrow for me as well.
    My plan is to take it slow, nice and easy.
    You can do it! :smiley:
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Thank you @amyfitbug
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    8v2qvkloioj0.gif
    Yay!

It really is a mind game from here on out. You have to keep telling yourself you can do it, and slow down if you need to! Great job!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Thank you
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm tackling w5d3 today as well. We're all in this together! Hopefully at least you aren't in your TOM like I am right now, LOL. :smile:
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I made it as well and felt fantastic afterwards!

2 more weeks! We got this! :smiley:
  • ssakcik
    Options
    go girl