Clean cookbooks or websites?

Options
GigiShy
GigiShy Posts: 21 Member
I began by using Clean Slate a few weeks back. This has helped me transition to a smoothie a day, plus some great recipes. Clean Start is another one I like, as well as Jamie Oliver's Everyday Superfood.

Any others to add?

Replies

• rainbowsparklesinthesky
    Options
    Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon; all recipes with real, whole-foods ingredients. She also has a website/blog with tons of great recipes.
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find new recipes or share current ones!

I learned about cleaning eating a ton from my chiropractor.

What I'm doing is known as the maximized living advanced plan. There's a core plan that allows grains if you don't want to stop eating those.

You can pretty much Google anything, for example "advanced plan taco salad" will bring up a yummy recipe that I have made several times for a healthier version of taco salad.

I also use pinterest and have a recipe book that contains smoothies, snacks, meals, desserts, and recipes for dressings, mayo, and salads.
  • jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tend to google or pinterest everything! :) Feel free to add me!
  • GigiShy
    GigiShy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! :) I've looked up all your suggestions. I'm the kind of cook that doesn't do a lot of repeats, so recipes are my best friends. Seriously, I'll look at a chicken or a head of lettuce like I've never seen one before, "What do I do with this?" Always trying new things.

I began with Clean Slate about a month ago, mostly to jump start myself into the summer way of eating - less cooking. I'm not a big breakfast eater, could just have coffee until 10am or so. This helped me to begin with a healthy smoothie (and my coffee). I'm loving the changes to my diet. Not seeing a lot of progress on the scale, but I feel better and that's more important.
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Forks over knives is a vegan clean -eating cookbook.
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I love my Practical Paleo cookbook and she has a website with new recipes.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    GigiShy wrote: »
    Thanks, ladies! :) I've looked up all your suggestions. I'm the kind of cook that doesn't do a lot of repeats, so recipes are my best friends. Seriously, I'll look at a chicken or a head of lettuce like I've never seen one before, "What do I do with this?" Always trying new things.

I began with Clean Slate about a month ago, mostly to jump start myself into the summer way of eating - less cooking. I'm not a big breakfast eater, could just have coffee until 10am or so. This helped me to begin with a healthy smoothie (and my coffee). I'm loving the changes to my diet. Not seeing a lot of progress on the scale, but I feel better and that's more important.

Way to go! Feeling better and being more healthy is more important than the scale numbers. I love to cook and try new things too-and make things up as I go. :D Lol. Feel free to friend me if you want to.