Preparing for the big "P"

Options
2»

Replies

• cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh sometimes we are our own worse enemies. I was on a 20 day plateau, which to some is NOT long enough for a plateau but it took me 44 days before I lost any weight on this WOE so I'm kind of nervous when nothing is happening in the weight loss arena. So, I was thinking maybe this WOE isn't really working for me. What with the 44 days to lose anything then this 20 days of nothing happening. And I've only lost about 7 lbs in 89 days. I may as well eat what I want. I listened to other diet guru saying how low carb doesn't work. I was seriously thinking of calling it quits and trying something else.

So, I was at the farmer's market selling my lamb and eggs. I told Hubby to watch the booth and I was going to get me something to eat. And boy howdy there are some wonderful bakers at the market. Fresh loaves of rosemary bread, food trucks with sandwiches and cookies and cupcakes. I picked one of my favorite bakers and looked at the chocolate cakes and brownies she had. As I was drooling over them (well not literally), she pointed out they were carb free and the brownie only had 2 carbs. We are talking a very big brownie and a lava cake about the size of a bread plate. So, I ordered one of each and chowed down on the brownie. It was so fabulous I realized it in no way could be only 2 carbs. The baker probobly didn't know that sugar was a carb because it was just too good to be low carb. I ate half the brownie, went home after closing and had the other half after dinner and part of the cake too. This morning I got on the scale and lost another pound.

So the moral of this story is to keep on pushing on. Try to be low carb even when you are convinced you are probobly cheating.