what deficit are you aiming for???

Options
JennyKCarty
JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
I have been doing the 1 pound per week or 500 cal deficit plan since I started 12 lbs ago. Now the scale has stopped moving and I have added a boot camp class 3 times per week. I'm thinking that maybe I should re-figure to 1/2 pound per week or 250 cal deficit. Just curious what others with 10lbs left to lose are doing.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Would love to know too. I keep gaining and losing the same few pounds due to water fluctuations.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I just changed my settings. I have a fitbit and I know as long as I don't eat over what I burn, I won't gain from increasing my calories.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    But do you want to lose?
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I still have MFP set to "lose 2 lbs", but I eat over pretty much every day. I bet it's more like the settings for "lose 1 lb". I tend to lose 1/2lb-1lb a week, depending on just how badly I eat.
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    I have my settings the same as yours.. I still want to lose a lb a week but don't know if that is realistic. I upped my exercise from 3 times to 5 times last week and I'm down ounces already (I only weigh in on Wednesdays). Oh and NO cheat meals or anything so we'll see. It sure can be frustrating..