First meal on my awesome grill

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
yj1e4g6vzs7m.jpg

Even the asparagus was done in a grill basket.

Note the lovely grill marks achieved while the steak within remained perfectly medium-rare (verging on rare in the center most potion, which is just fine by me). The fat was rich and melt in your mouth with that fantastic char broiled taste.

It also produced juicy butterflies pork chops as well. Not a single thing stuck to my obviously well-seasoned cast iron grates.

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That looks gorgeous! Yum
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Can I have some steak to take to the diner to have with my eggs?
    I'd gladly give up my bacon for it. :smile:

>:) or o:)

BTW: Now that I got that in my head steak sounds awfully good.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yum! :smiley:
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I recently bought some "grill mats" that work great. They're silicon mats, flexible enough to roll up and tuck away in a cabinet. They keep your grill clean and your steaks/chicken/shrimp/etc. good and juicy since they retain the cooking juices instead of letting them drip through. I got mine here but they're all over the Internet.

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/bbq_grill-mat.html

You don't get the grill marks but the mats get hot enough to get a good char and you don't have to worry about seasoning.

We just bought a new grill ourselves and I'm hoping not to let the new grill get as disgusting as the old one. I was quite relieved when my "free gas grill" listing on Craigslist was snapped up in an hour by someone who wanted it for scrap metal and spare parts. I would have been embarrassed to have anyone try to cook on it.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    I recently bought some "grill mats" that work great. They're silicon mats, flexible enough to roll up and tuck away in a cabinet. They keep your grill clean and your steaks/chicken/shrimp/etc. good and juicy since they retain the cooking juices instead of letting them drip through. I got mine here but they're all over the Internet.

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/bbq_grill-mat.html

You don't get the grill marks but the mats get hot enough to get a good char and you don't have to worry about seasoning.

We just bought a new grill ourselves and I'm hoping not to let the new grill get as disgusting as the old one. I was quite relieved when my "free gas grill" listing on Craigslist was snapped up in an hour by someone who wanted it for scrap metal and spare parts. I would have been embarrassed to have anyone try to cook on it.

I literally put my old disgusting grill on the curb uncleaned and it was gone in two hours.

And while the silicone mats sound interesting, I deliberately bought a tru infrared grill with cast iron grates in order to get those grill marks and the charbroiled flavor. If I want a hard sear on a steak I'll go cast iron skillet.