4 years post op-vsg

Options
wolfgirl78
wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
Hi I'm Jill. I'm was sleeved in lake Charles, Louisiana on 06/12/2012. I'm 5-09. My starting weight was 276. My lowest weight was 174. My current weight is 196. In the past four years I've re gained 30lbs. I noticed that I started gaining when I stopped logging my food. I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to do that forever, log my food that is. I started back weighing and logging food about 3.5 weeks ago, and now have 22 lbs to go until I reach my lowest weight and 5 lbs after that to reach my goal weight. Would love some more active WLS friends on mfp. Most of the ones from 4 years ago aren't that active any longer.

Replies

• gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It is good to know for me how when we stop doing our good habits the bad stuff can come creeping back. ((makes mental note - log for life, got it))

Logging does make me more aware of the ins and outs of what I am doing. Eat something, scan or log it right then and there. Makes it so much easier for me. I am kind of a small thing every 3 hours person, so my food log is set up for 0600-0900, 0900-1200, 1200-1500, 1500-1800, 1800-2100. I don't eat between 2100 to 0600 except if I am shift working at the hospital so I kind of get all flipped around for that day.

Congrats on working back towards your goal. :smiley:
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me - I was sleeved on 2/17/15.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I accept any friend requests (please put a note "WLS" so I know)! I had VSG on 10/15/15.
  • SmokeRising
    SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I accept friend requests. I was recently sleeved but have about the same goals as you. I am 5ft9 and started at 240....I am logging and weighing everything. I have much further to go but goal weight is 169.
  • ridemorewaves
    ridemorewaves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wolfgirl78 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Jill. I'm was sleeved in lake Charles, Louisiana on 06/12/2012. I'm 5-09. My starting weight was 276. My lowest weight was 174. My current weight is 196. In the past four years I've re gained 30lbs. I noticed that I started gaining when I stopped logging my food. I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to do that forever, log my food that is. I started back weighing and logging food about 3.5 weeks ago, and now have 22 lbs to go until I reach my lowest weight and 5 lbs after that to reach my goal weight. Would love some more active WLS friends on mfp. Most of the ones from 4 years ago aren't that active any longer.

Hi Wolfgirl!
    Congratulations on getting back on track!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I had Sleeve surgery on 3/4/14
  • Lynn5707
    Lynn5707 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was sleeved 7/6/2011. My highest weight was 223.8, I got down as low as 128 ( for a second!), felt best 130-135, and now around 160-163. Ugh! I'm 5'3".

I have been on a junk food journey it seems this last year as life has gotten in the way. Came on MFP today for some support and guidance on getting back on track.

Idk if to go back to my original post-op times, or weight watchers? Did you go back to your post-op diet?

Thanks!
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No I didn't go back to my post op diet. I just started meal prepping again on the weekends for the week, cooking my meals and started counting calories again. That's what I did after I was cleared for all food after surgery. Of course I still make sure protein first. On the weekends I splurge by having frozen meals, which are higher in sodium, but everything fits in my calorie budget. I'm also making sure to get all my water in.
  • 2Shar
    2Shar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 2/09/2015 I am down 120 from my starting weight. I seemed to be maintaining at about 210, trying to find my way, to something less. Add me if you show your diary pls, I am always looking for inspiration.. Thanks.
  • 2Shar
    Options
    I was sleeved 2/09/2015 I am down 120 from my starting weight. I seemed to be maintaining at about 210, trying to find my way, to something less. Add me if you show your diary pls, I am always looking for inspiration.. Thanks. :D
  • 2Shar
    Options
    I was sleeved 2/09/2015 I am down 120 from my starting weight. I seemed to be maintaining at about 210, trying to find my way, to something less. Add me if you show your diary pls, I am always looking for inspiration.. Thanks. :D
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Focus on positives too! Your 80# lighter than 4 yrs ago and I'm sure much healthier. You're already a success!