Gallbladder Cleanse

Options
megemrj
megemrj Posts: 547 Member
Has anyone implemented a Gallbladder Cleanse?

I don't have pain, symptoms, indigestion, etc. I was getting tested a few weeks ago for a separate condition and that Dr mentioned I may want to follow up with my Dr about my gallbladder. He didn't elaborate despite my questions.

Fast forward to this past Wednesday and I got another ultrasound. My Drs office calls me to refer me to a surgeon. They said my gallbladder had sludge and stones. Well I must admit, I refused and kind of argued with the scheduler about having it taken out. I agreed to see the surgeon but only to discuss options. Needless, to say she wasn't happy and said my Dr would be calling to discuss it with me. Lol. Yeah that's going to change my mind (-_-). I see no reason to, if I have no symptoms or pain. Yes, I have a high pain threshold, which the ultrasound tech kind of alluded to when he commented I must be immune since I had no discomfort or issues.

After hanging up, I researched how to avoid having to get the surgery, if indeed it is warranted. I found how to detox and cleanse the gallbladder with very simple instructions. I completed the process last night. It contained water, pink grapefruit, Epsom salt, and olive oil.

I was afraid with my luck it would kick my gallbladder into the dark side but thankfully that did not occur. I did have a few reactions but I think it had more to do with releasing toxins.

-Raynaud's Syndrome went haywire (heat, swelling, sensitivity)
-bad knee swelled up like a grapefruit. It usually only swells after kneeling, bumping it, or taking really hot baths. Oh and running for an extended period of time
-woke with a migraine from hell

Just wanted to share and see if any of you had done this and/or received reactions or other symptoms.

Replies

• MichQ1904
    MichQ1904 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When you do a detox the then said toxins move out of the body but it has to travel to the exit so to speak. Thus while in knee joint area they caused your swelling dont give up. Eat clean and as organic as posible. Try the liver and colon cleanse to continue to rid body of toxins. No soy or whey... for protein plant or animal. I used "Arbonne" protien powder and cleanses.
  • megemrj
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @MichQ1904

Thank you for the reply. I do eat as clean and organic as I can feasibly. I've been paleoish (modified to include some hard cheese, dark chocolate, and collagen/protein supplement) in Aug2016 will be 4 years now. Whey & soy have been out of my diet for at least that long, except for the odd bite (whey maybe 4-6 times a year...very very rarely). Soy, I avoid like the plague! Unless it is Unbeknownst to me prepared in my food when I dine out, I do not ingest it. I've never been a soy fan.

I currently use hydrolyzed collagen (pasture raised) when I need extra protein. It's non gmo, plain, unflavored, kosher, and gluten free.

I will look into the liver and colon cleanse. I had planned to do the Gallbladder Cleanse again in two weeks but may do these first then gallbladder cleanse after that. I do feel the Gallbladder was affected by the cleanse, not sure what it did (no pain or anything symptom wise), but I could actually feel it being active. I read it needs to be repeated, usually multiple times, and that makes sense to me. A one time cleanse cannot possibly get rid of 41 years of toxins.

I also read that cleansing can help reduce sensitivity to some things. Hope its true but of course may not be in my case. Life is lived through trial and error though.

Some responses to cleansing say "the body has a cleansing function, so additional cleansing is not necessary." My thought is, "yeah in a perfect chemically free, non-hormone, non-processed world our bodies would do what they were created to do just fine. Just think, if gas has water in it, would we put it in our car and be surprised when the motor has problems?"

Eta: because autocorrect hates me.
  • Lestina
    Lestina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Megemrj, I too have had gallbladder problems. I was diagnosed with gallstones some 14 years ago and the doctors wanted to do surgery...immediately.....my gallbladder was full of stones. However, I was blessed to find out about this cleanse from a friend who owns a natural food store. Since that time, I do a gallbladder cleanse about 3-4 times a year. However, I do it a little different than yours. I eat raw foods all day for 3 days. I drink a gallon of apple juice (helps dissolve the stones) a day. On night 1 & 2, right before I go to bed, I take 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil. I take a spoonful of lemon juice then a spoonful of olive oil. I then lay on my left side (the elimination side). Upon waking on day #2 and day #3, I do an enema as soon as I wake up. When I eliminate, I see stones...mine look like green peas of various sizes. Never had surgery and no pain. God bless you.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    imagine how much post surgery suffering could be avoided if people knew and did this
  • megemrj
    Options

Lestina wrote: »
    Hello Megemrj, I too have had gallbladder problems. I was diagnosed with gallstones some 14 years ago and the doctors wanted to do surgery...immediately.....my gallbladder was full of stones. However, I was blessed to find out about this cleanse from a friend who owns a natural food store. Since that time, I do a gallbladder cleanse about 3-4 times a year. However, I do it a little different than yours. I eat raw foods all day for 3 days. I drink a gallon of apple juice (helps dissolve the stones) a day. On night 1 & 2, right before I go to bed, I take 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil. I take a spoonful of lemon juice then a spoonful of olive oil. I then lay on my left side (the elimination side). Upon waking on day #2 and day #3, I do an enema as soon as I wake up. When I eliminate, I see stones...mine look like green peas of various sizes. Never had surgery and no pain. God bless you.

I'm so glad you have had successfully kept it! Gives me hope for mine. This past weekend I completed my 2nd Gallbladder cleanse and had less of a reaction or severity of symptoms show, so I'm taking that as a good sign and progress. No migraine this time! Hallelujah!

I'm kind of scared of a longer cleanse as I have a long commute most days of the work week (1.25-1.5 hrs each way). I'm a little apprehensive about the gallon of Apple juice a day for 3 days. With my autoimmune issue, too much sugar (unfortunately any kind) triggers swelling, heat, and sensitivity. I LOVE apple juice and detest the Epsom salt!! Would love to drink apple juice instead.

I eat light (berries and broths) the day I begin the cleanse and don't eat after 2 pm. I did use 2 grapefruits this time unlike the first where I only used 1 to try to make the Epsom more tolerable. Wish I could say it did but alas nope. Still disgusting!!

Believe it or not my favorite part of the cleanse is drinking the olive oil and grapefruit juice! Tastes like a smoothie to me. Have absolutely zero issues getting that bad boy down. Yep, I'm weird.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

• megemrj
    Options
    FitToLead wrote: »
    imagine how much post surgery suffering could be avoided if people knew and did this

I know, right?! I'm hoping it works in the long run.