30 minute challenge

4gotNcharlie
4gotNcharlie Posts: 43 Member
I challenge myself and you if you'd like, whoever you is lol, to spend 30 minutes every day doing one of my sewing crafts. Today I started to thread my 10 needle embroidery machine. I have never used it even though it has been in my bedroom for years It belonged to my exH, and he left it behind because my lawyer told him he can't have it. So i finally made the decision to make it a goal to learn how to use this machine. I took a class online so that i can watch it as many times as i want and am slowly learning how to do it the right way. Since i work full time +. I don't have much time to spend hours on this. I am happy to just have half hour day If i feel like doing it longer i can.

Replies

• 4gotNcharlie
    Yesterday I finished threading my 10 needle, changed one needle, put thread in the bobbin and stitched out the tension design. I see i have to fix the tension from the design i stitched out so today i will try to get the tension right and stitch out another tester. I have a feeling the tension was my exH's problem. It looks like the bobbin is too loose.
  • 4gotNcharlie
    Yesterday, I continued to work on getting the correct tension. I stitched out the test about 5 times having to tighten the tension on the bobbin each time before i finally got it right. I also set the colors in the embroidery machine. Each day i'm getting closer to being capable of using this machine