Can u do low fat and be on a ketogenic diet

Options
2»

Replies

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Gall pain is NOT between the shoulder blades, and is more to the lower right abdomen under the ribs, where the gall is. Yours sound like what others are reporting.

My gall is desiccated /shrunken and ruined due to low fat diets for years, when you stop eating the fats your body need the natural bile turns to sludge, stones build up, and can't flow out cause there is no fat to move them naturally to the intestine. Many people without a gallbladder can have a LCHF diet if they introduce fats slowly back, increasing oven time.

The liver produces the bile, send it to the gall, but without the gall it switches to delivering to the duodenum. SInce I consumed 100+ fats a day over the last year with no pains/no ill effects I am a successful N=1.

Good luck figuring all this out..ALL medical systems, Docs, RDs in the US must follow the USDA guidelines of lower fat, higher carb, so that is why they are warning you off LCHF. Plain ignorance.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My gallbladder pain was on my right side, in my back, just above my bra line - and under and slightly more to the center from my right shoulder blade, @KETOGENICGURL - it's part of what took them so long to diagnose it. That's about where my laproscopic upper scars are, too...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I use 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 12 oz water at least once a day. It doesn't taste bad, but I wouldn't try it plain.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I use 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 12 oz water at least once a day. It doesn't taste bad, but I wouldn't try it plain.

I don't like drinking flavored water, like at all, so I do 1 TBSP in 1.5 oz water 3-4 times a day. (Generally with each meal, and if I take my sleepy supplements more than 1-2 hours after dinner. Darned fish oil!) Edited to add - it's an approximation. I have a small bottle at work - and a set cup I use at home. I do it like a quick shot, chased with plain water.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of ACV. I have been known to drink it straight just because.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @macchiatto - it burns my throat, like orange juice on an already sore, raw throat! Well some times it does....other times, it's not any different than drinking a soda or something... lol
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that does not sound pleasant!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you really shouldn't drink vinegar straight. It's not really good for the throat. :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm not drinking it straight at all. It's at least 4:1 water:Acv. It doesn't burn it often, just once in a while, usually early in the morning, if I don't cut it enough.