Support request

Options
Daisyboohoo
Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
I am new to this forum.
My surgery date is 18 July 2013.
I am now on the pre-op liquid stage.
I would really appreciate (understanding) friends and (positive) support....

Replies

• Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am happy to answer any questions you may have. MFP is a great tool before and after surgery. I still log frequently to make sure I am on track with good food choices. My surgery was 2010, and I have maintained my current weight for over 2 years.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Will be more than happy to help you out in any way I can. My surgery was 9 months ago and I have lost almost all of my weight. I'm on here everyday. Will send you a friend request.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Daisy I am right there with you. My RNY is scheduled for the 16th. I am on Optifast for the next 8 days. It sucks. I am not actually hungry I just want solid food. It is worth it though in the long run so I will push through. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve on July 1. The liquid phase stinks, but is a necessary part. It does go by fast. Must admit I am sick of yogurt - lol.
    congratulations on your decision to take control and best wishes as you go through this journey with us. I have sent you a friend request.
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you found this forum. I had my RNY 11 years ago and lost 124 pounds. Over the years I did gain back 20 pounds and am on my way to getting those pounds off, I have to lose 8 more to get to get back to my weight. Having the surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I wish you well with your surgery. :smile:
  • rondabug
    rondabug Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Daisy. I am brand new to the forum, but had gastric sleeve surgery on May 15th. I was a little scared even up to the day of surgery, but since? I have no regrets whatsoever. I feel like I am in control of my health and my eating habits for the first time in decades! I have also left behind my medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.

You can do this, and you will do great! If you have any questions I can help with, or if you just need a word of encouragement, here I am, cheering you on!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Hi Daisy. I am brand new to the forum, but had gastric sleeve surgery on May 15th. I was a little scared even up to the day of surgery, but since? I have no regrets whatsoever. I feel like I am in control of my health and my eating habits for the first time in decades! I have also left behind my medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.

You can do this, and you will do great! If you have any questions I can help with, or if you just need a word of encouragement, here I am, cheering you on!

Thank you Ronda!

O'boy, I am getting more and more excited every day!
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I am Lissa and I had RNY in Dec 2011. So far I am down 165lbs and I have actually lost more weight since joining MFP than I did the first 10 months after my surgery without it. Its been such a wonderful tool! I would love to help support and get support from other bariatric patients. Most people don't understand how difficult the lifestyle change is.

Feel free to friend me and pick my brain all you want :happy:
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I am Lissa and I had RNY in Dec 2011. So far I am down 165lbs and I have actually lost more weight since joining MFP than I did the first 10 months after my surgery without it. Its been such a wonderful tool! I would love to help support and get support from other bariatric patients. Most people don't understand how difficult the lifestyle change is.

Feel free to friend me and pick my brain all you want :happy:

Thanks Lissa, I have sent you a friend request!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just had sleeve surgery this past Monday. So far, so good! Feel free to send me a friend request
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to one of the best places that I have found for support, help and caring people on the internet, just watch out for the general forums :)

I am a little over a year out since my Gastric Bypass and I have to say that it was the single best decision that I have ever made for myself in my life.

Friend request sent.
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello there, i am in the liver shink phase also. i am scheduled for lap band surgery on Monday. It does go fast. I have had a few weak moments but my dietician said i could have a small piece of fruit or some salad greens with a tsp of dressing. I have had to do that but for the most part i really have not been hungry. good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress. I will send a friend req.:smile:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    4 years out from RNY Gastric Bypass as of August. Happy to support anyone, and I'm very active on MFP :flowerforyou:

I have lost 202 pounds since my surgery -- been pregnant, lost the weight after -- now just working on the last 15 pounds I would like to re-lose. Started at 399 and working toward 180. Feel free to friend me if you'd like