Going on vacation!

Options
ryansmommie68
ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
Going on a short vacation tomorrow. We are heading to Epcot in Orlando! Would love any advice for staying on program! I'm packing a cooler with my RTD shakes! Bars and my hand mixer for my favorite Pineapple Mango smoothie!!:)
I'm scared I will totally blow it this week!:(

Replies

• AJisCommittedtoSuccess
    Options
    You've already planned one of things I was going to suggest: the RTD shakes. I drank them a lot when I was out of town for a week. The Cinnamon Pretzels are another good choice - they won't melt in your purse.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Let me know how it goes...I am going to Disney in August. I remember it being impossible to find non-carbs food while there. Even the Japanese restaurant had no sashimi.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I remember being all excited by the giant turkey leg, at frontierland only to find out is was 1100 calories.
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    Well...I blew it! Gained all 5 ponds back! I was very active but I ended up just going with it! We stayed at a really nice resort (first time doing that) and it included a lounge with snacks, continental breakfast, etc. the only non-carb thing was boiled eggs in the morning and cheese in the evening!
    All I can do is get back on plan today and that's what I'm doing! I am having a hard time so any support is appreciated!
    Hope everyone is doing great!
    Have a great day!!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well...I blew it! Gained all 5 ponds back! I was very active but I ended up just going with it! We stayed at a really nice resort (first time doing that) and it included a lounge with snacks, continental breakfast, etc. the only non-carb thing was boiled eggs in the morning and cheese in the evening!
    All I can do is get back on plan today and that's what I'm doing! I am having a hard time so any support is appreciated!
    Hope everyone is doing great!
    Have a great day!!

That's tough. It's hard when you're right at the beginning - when just about all your progress seems wiped away. It might have been better to not even start until after your vacation, but hindsight is 20/20, right?

Yep, just get right back on the wagon. If you stick to plan now, it *will* disappear again, and the time will pass anyway. You can only move forward.
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    So I didn't really gain 5lbs as I thought. Well, maybe I did but when I got back to the center on Saturday morning for my weigh in I had only gained 2lbs. I wasn't happy that I gained but it was only 2lbs and well i'm behind now but back on track! I am happy to say I enjoyed every bit of my vacation.

Stacivogue....you are right, there is hardly any no carb options at Disney. Fortunately there is a lot of walking, I put in almost 20K steps one day! There are burgers and you can take the buns off.:happy: And you can bring your shakes/bars in a cooler!

My husband is my greatest supporter but when it comes to vacation he tells me diets are off! haha! Ok, not an excuse to go crazy but just enjoy.:)

Thanks everyone for your support! :flowerforyou:
  • tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here is my philosophy, it is only a failure if you didn't enjoy it. :-)

I did not get fat because I made poor choices on vacations and special events, I got fat because I are poor all the time, when I was alone, when I was bored, when I was busy, etc. etc.

If I only ate poorly times I would actually ENJOY IT, no big deal.

Obviously on the 5-1 you need to strive to do better, but no big deal overall. :-)

Note: this probably doesn't apply to people on vacation all the time. :-)