Slimz Year in Review.

Options
slimzandra
slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
I can not believe a whole year has gone by with my MFP friends.
Today is my one year anniversary of LCHF. I've really enjoyed the journey and checking in on the threads. I have learned a tremendous amount about myself, eating, cooking, and feeling healthier. I am posting my scale victories, but there has been so much more in terms of just feeling better, looking better and getting into my smaller clothes.

In reflection, there was great weight loss success for quite a few months in the beginning. I was weighing my food, logging faithfully, and exercising. I am thrilled that I wasn't hungry, feeling energetic. That was a first for me in a long time. I still stick to this WOE and I would like to lose the last 30 pounds this year. My scale losses have been small +/-'s for the past months and I did not reach my ultimate weight goal. However, I did achieve so many other goals in terms of my health and happiness.

I did go on a cruise in February and I was not careful with carbs. I became too comfortable with guessimates, drinking a little more alcohol, and lack of exercise. I also have been under great stress these past months with work and selling the house with my ex. Maintenance has been easy for me with this WOE. I still love my steaks, burgers, coconut oil and do not miss breads, pastas, and packaged foods. I developed a workable food preparation schedule and I am not worried that I will ever put that weight back on again. I know so much more about fats, proteins and carbohydrate balancing.

I am looking forward to continuing to check in with my new MFP family. I just wanted to celebrate and thank the folks who have been sharing this journey with me. There are so many inspirational stories here and still so much more to learn and share.

sh3me26rmrqw.jpg

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Happy one year! :) Great job!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Way to go!! Congratulations!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hugs, congrats, and here's to lessons learned! *cheers*
  • laryngitix
    laryngitix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your post is very inspiring to a newbie like me (less than 2 months in).
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • dgncnc
    dgncnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary! you did great, impressive chartwork!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's amazing!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing!