Egg fast

Options
maggiegbrown
maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
Hello everyone, I was wondering has anyone done the egg fast? If so....
What was the out come?
How did you do going through it?
What is the science behind it?
Is it the foods working together, is it a super low cal. I have read stuff on it and I'm not sure I understand it. Maybe someone can explained it to me in 5 year old terms.
Thanks Maggie

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    An Egg Fast is considered a fat fast, and it's basically a stall buster or something temporary (usually 5 days at longest) to get you deep into ketosis. Basically you have only eggs with fat. It is NOT low cal. Basically, it limits your carbs naturally by only having available foods off a list.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

That's one of the best links I've found on it all.
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    Have you ever done it?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    No, I have not personally done it. @DianaElena76 has done it a couple times. Off the top of my head I'm not sure I remember who has done it. I admit, I'm curious, but I already go through phases where eggs are off limits for a while, and while this isn't all scrambled eggs all the time, I do worry about how it would affect my overall love of eggs... LOL

I keep it in my back pocket for a tool to be used, if needed, at some point. I'm more likely to do a ground beef reset.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did this last year and it was 6 eggs a day…the fats are mayo and some cheese with each egg, eggs fried in butter.
    you will be SICK of eggs, HB, fried, soft boiled is hard as nothing to sop it up (no pork rinds either) BUT it is more calories.

I am on day 4 of a Fat fast because I now longer can eat so many eggs (kidney issues)- too much protein is very bad for me.

You can search fat fast…here are 2 links.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/08/14/Complete-Guide-to-Fat-Fast

http://www.ruled.me/using-fat-fasting-technique/

Here theCALORIES are very limited to 1000-1200..I could not keep to 1K, so ate to 1300 day 2, 3 as I WAS hungry. (was the come down from any sugar/carbs..shocks the body..if you have been fairly strict with Keto you may be fine.

My salvation today was pork rinds and melted Brie cheese, plus lots of cream cheese, and cream in my coffee.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    I dropped 4.4 pounds in 3 days, but this is for REALLY stalled on LCHF/ metabolic issues.
    I fit both, and was unable to get off the carbs I drifted higher on.

as Knit says you can save this option for later. Since protein is really low you can't do it more than 4-5 days or you waste heart/body muscle/not safe.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 day egg fast after a long stall. It did seem to help break the plateau! I had some seriously decadent egg recipes during those 5 weeks. It was pretty great. I stuck around 1400 calories.

I desperately missed meat.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I did it for 3 days. Not to lose weight or break a stall, but just to see what the fuss was about since so many people talk about it.
    I did it dairy free, so the 1T fat with each egg was either ghee or my homemade mayo which is made with avocado oil.
    It was pretty boring. I don't understand the hype.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did it. Lost a few pounds. Gained it back through mindless eating. I personally love it. I LOVE eggs and you'd think I'd be tired with them by doing the egg fast, but nope. I'm one of those people who can eat the same thing every day and not get bored. I can't say the same for my husband. He can't eat the same thing twice in a row lol
    I like to use it when I've been eating too many sweets or carbs. It's like a reset for me. I feel better with minimal carbs but for some reason I always go back to the damn Quest bars or Mission1 bars. Those things are literally crack to me!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come back and add that a huge part of my motivation for doing an egg fast was a ridiculous surplus of eggs. I keep chickens, and we were up to like 6 dozen eggs. I cleared through a few dozen in a week.
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options

for some reason I always go back to the damn Quest bars or Mission1 bars. Those things are literally crack to me!

I love Quest bars too

• maggiegbrown
    Options
    So I did the three day eggs fast and I must say I liked it! I did not have to think what I was gonna eat and I love eggs. But I only lost 3 lbs. my thought is because my carbs were already under 10 grams a day. I did not like all that fat at all, it seem not to make me sick but my outer body felt greasy. I couldn't stand it. and for the first time on LCHF I missed carbs. So today I ate a big juicy gala apple. It was so yummy I felt like I was in heaven. It was a really good thing to try and to know that I can do it made me very happy. I have no willpower! Lol
  • carolinamamasita
    carolinamamasita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this now