Simplifying My Menu

Options
2»

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Chicken bombs sound tasty.

Apparently the kids don't like stuffed mushrooms, but one of them likes them better than spinach salad, which was his alternative option.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    3 days later: I've had vegetables every day (sadly, this is an accomplishment for me), am down 1.4 lbs, and have realized that I need to be taking my $#@% supplements for depression and quit stopping when I run out. I started taking them again last night, and it's amazing how I basically feel "lighter" today, like I'm not being weighed down as much as I have been lately.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Twibbly (hugs) It's crazy how much our brain and chemicals drive everything, isn't it? Plus the added stress of knowing "I'm stuck on these for life to feel decent." that sucks!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Twibbly (hugs) It's crazy how much our brain and chemicals drive everything, isn't it? Plus the added stress of knowing "I'm stuck on these for life to feel decent." that sucks!

Taking pills doesn't bother me so much. PAYING for pills, now that's a whole different story!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    And I keep hoping that I'm not stuck on them for life, that if I figure out the nutrition and exercise stuff, my brain will decide to start functioning properly.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    And I keep hoping that I'm not stuck on them for life, that if I figure out the nutrition and exercise stuff, my brain will decide to start functioning properly.

And that type of hope keeps me in a frustration cycle, because I know my issues aren't likely to ever improve to that level - even though I delude myself that they *could* and pray that they will, and that fact depresses me beyond belief. I find it so sad that mental illness is such a stigma, as bad as, if not worse than obesity. :(