Hello All! Quick Question

amyn73
amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
I have been eating low carb for a few weeks now and I felt really great last week. However, this week I am tired, I have that buzzing feeling in my head like I haven't eaten enough (even though I'm eating around 30-50 carbs a day), and I am just really tired. I don't think it's the keto flu because I went through that and came out of it. What do you think I should do? Is it hunger? It's always hard to tell because I don't have hunger much anymore. Thanks for any input.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Keto flu can hit at any point your electrolytes deplete, and you'll have ups and downs any time in the first 12-16 weeks. Since you're at about the 4 or so week mark, I'd guess that it is very much the "flu." Attack it with water, sodium, magnesium, and if necessary potassium. I would wager a guess it helps.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    It can definitely hit at any time. I'm at 5 months right now and just went through 2 days of major struggles righting my electrolytes after two days of walking out in the sunshine (depleting my electrolytes) without adequately upping my fluid and electrolyte intake.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    The electrolyte issues don't always go away. Can become a daily balance to maintain energy and prevent other side effects (headache, insomnia, ....). I, too, am having to readjust my electrolyte supplements as I've been having leg cramps again. I'm relating it to the changing seasons! Good luck!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Agree re flu. I Forgot to take my mag supplement: light head buzzing, (Like you) tired n feet cramp. Stress will alter hormone levels and not enough water is also a candidate for too tired. Gut imbalance is my final idea tonight, but I suggest you do as recommended above first n sort your electrolytes before exploring any of the more complex ideas I have just rolled out.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Thanks so much. I am going to check into all these suggestions.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Yep. Textbook low electrolyte symptoms for sure.
    Possibly too low calories too, maybe? Consider that as well.