Not losing weight

mirellaleite1
mirellaleite1 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
I have been on Keto diet for 4 weeks. At the end of the first week, I lost 4lbs, but I haven't lost or gaining anything ever since.
I am a female - 138lbs - 5'3"- I do cardio 1x week and straight training once a week. My calories intake around 1200 - 1400 calories. My carbs are around 20s/day. When I test my urin it shows that I am on moderate-large. What am I doing wrong? I just need to lose 10lbs to reach my dream weight.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    It is possible that you're losing inches - even in random weird places. @Sunny_Bunny_ found that she lost in her rib cage when she thought nothing was happening. Particularly when you're close to goal weight, it will go much slower. Pictures and measurements are essential. How are those going? Also, I find that when the scale is not moving, my body is doing recomp or healing internal systems, etc.

For some perspective: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10353600/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-stall#latest
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    You're probably not doing anything wrong. Except maybe expecting losses to show up every week... I wish it happened that way! :wink:
    I went through the same kind of thinking at times. Read the link KnitOrMiss shared. I hope you find it helpful.
    Keep calm and Keto on
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    It is possible that you're losing inches - even in random weird places. @Sunny_Bunny_ found that she lost in her rib cage when she thought nothing was happening. Particularly when you're close to goal weight, it will go much slower. Pictures and measurements are essential. How are those going? Also, I find that when the scale is not moving, my body is doing recomp or healing internal systems, etc.

For some perspective: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10353600/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-stall#latest

This could very well be the issue. I've been following Keto for just a bit longer than yourself and have lost about 8 pounds (less than expected but I'm not very active) and I've lost several inches off my thighs and 3.5" off my belly. People are starting to notice. I didn't expect that so soon - I thought it would be at the 20/25 pound mark.

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    You're likely not doing anything wrong.

I also went through a period (nearly 8 weeks!) of zero loss, and actually a 2 pound gain. Very frustrating, and I about quit keto. However, during those 2 months, I lost nearly 9 inches overall, and then suddenly dropped 6 pounds.

Keep calm and keto on.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Yup I am 10-15 pounds within my goal weight and the loss has decreased dramatically. I'd say 10 pounds is really close to goal for you, so expect it to be slow going from here on out. I looked back at my progress and noticed that after an initial quick loss on keto, I've slowed down to 2.5 pounds loss per month. And everything others said about losing inches is so true! Take your measurements and you'll see you're making progress elsewhere during those times. :)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    The closer you are to goal the slower it will come off, no matter what diet you are following. Also something to take into consideration, where you are in your monthly hormonal cycle. I find the week before my period, I don't lose a thing & then the first two weeks following, I can lose mad weight...it evens out for the month.