New (and desperate to stop)

Options
mearas25
mearas25 Posts: 8 Member
Hi! I've just joined MFP after yet another night of eating take out because not only was it easy and delicious (I don't like cooking), but it gave me something to look forward while I was at work all day. Not only do I seem to use food as comfort, but as something to look forward to which makes it so difficult to not treat myself! Anyone else like this?

I've realized eating take out each night is a choice that I HAVE to start saying no to. I honestly feel like carbs are an addiction at this point so I'm hoping MFP can help me break it :)

Replies

• nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone in this! I eat out a lot because I stay on the go and don't cook for myself as I should. I have tried to make an effort to eat healthier even if it is take out, but I know cooking your own food is still better. And yeah, carbs are definitely an addiction! The struggle is real. :persevere:
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    D'oh! And welcome aboard! :)
  • mearas25
    Options
    Thank you! The struggle is definitely real! :)
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The struggle is definitely real. I have emotional binges off and on but I keep getting back up, but it is hard. This week I did some grocery shopping with some ingredients of the take-out foods I was craving. I don't have time to cook too much so I got easy stuff. They are not the most healthy but better than take-out and I can add more veggies on them. For example, I love steak/cheese sandwiches. So I got Steak-umm (hate cooking flank steaks), light swiss and provolone cheese, sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, and low carb high fiber tortilla wraps. It tastes better than the restaurant and I can make two and still have leftovers for another day. Just like you, I tend to see food as something to look forward to after work as a treat, so I need to know there is something tasty at home, or I will stop by a fast food easily. Also, a fav of mine is ice cream so I keep mini bananas in the freezer, have dark chocolate chips, and some low fat whipped cream, and I can have a healthy dessert too (feels like Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey when I add some chopped walnuts too..mmm).

Keep trying. Good luck!
  • mearas25
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks @rachellech - that's such a good idea to replace takeout food with similar options that I make myself. You have inspired me to hit the grocery store on my way home instead :)