cravings

Options
vanillarose77
vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
I'm just wondering if anyone else is having cravings for things they are not supposed to have and if you do how do you manage that feeling? do you give in or do you push the urge away?

Replies

• cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't at first, as time goes on I sometimes do and I'm better off not giving in - it usually passes, especially if I make a healthy choice and stay satiated with protein, and stay hydrated (fill up with water or tea!). If I have one candy from a co-workers candy jar, or one chip from the bowl on the table, it will become two, then three... I'm much better off at just keeping it "none".
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is. Usually, if it's a "special occasion" item (like birthday cake, a special meal dessert or someone brings donuts into the office), rather than rage-stare at it all day, I'll allow myself a small sliver of whatever it is so that I get a taste but don't go overboard. With these items, the key for me is to portion out what I'm having and stick to that portion - no more past whatever I initially serve myself. If it's an item in everyday, easy reach and I know it's a trigger (mine are Ritz cheese crackers by Nabisco), I'll try to keep away from it entirely. @cabennett99 is right on with reaching for something that will hydrate instead - I'll usually go for tea or coffee/decaf coffee to get a more filling effect.