How do I do a search in this group?

Options
Wakey618
Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
I'm generally very good at figuring this stuff out but cannot figure this one out! Help! I just want to find a thread or two that I forgot to bookmark when I was there, and not have to scroll through the list...

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way. Unless you bookmark it, you have to scroll through the pages and look for it. Poor design. If we were a public group, we could use Google to search the group. But you can't do that with a private group. I wish they'd fix that. We've all wished that for a long time.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks @baconslave - Any idea what the obstables are?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Nope. It appears that improving group function is not a priority. People can certainly ask them to improve it, but I think they are busy with app and web functionality for tracking and main forums, and improving their ability to get the site to make money more efficiently for them. If enough people voiced the desire, perhaps they'd look into it. As it stands, I think most groups aren't anywhere near as active as we are, so there isn't interest.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Of the total number of members in the LCD group, how many do you suppose are active at a given time with, say, a couple posts a month or more (or whatever measure you would suggest)?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Hmm. Of the total number of members in the LCD group, how many do you suppose are active at a given time with, say, a couple posts a month or more (or whatever measure you would suggest)?

Just a quick metric (pages of posts active this month). Let's look at the five largest groups and number of threads that have been active (created or responded to) this month.
    • FitBit Users (106,181 members) -- Just over one page of active posts for May.
    • Recipe Swap (33,950 members) -- 6 active posts this month, not even a page.
    • LCD (26,689 members) -- We have almost 5 full pages of active posts for May.
    • Clean Eating Group (24,394 members) -- Less than one page of active posts for May.
    • Not-That-Heavy-Girls (24,064 members) -- Less than one page of active posts for May.

It seems that this problem, the sheer amount of posts, is unique to our group and is compounded by the fact that the group is private. The rest of these groups can all be searched using google because they are public. We're not publicly visible, so we're not indexed by google.

I am not sure there is a huge priority for this issue to be addressed. It seems that we're the only group that is negatively effected strongly from this missing ability.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to make my "starred" topics come up top
  • baconslave
    Options
    On the site, in the VERY top right hand, across from the group name, are a dark gray bell, a star, and a gear. The bell shows notifications, which are posts you have starred that have had new posts, or posts on unstarred threads but in which you have personally been tagged. Click that to see those. There will be a number beside it if there are new unread posts. To see the bookmarked, starred, posts whether or not they have been updated by activity, click that star up there.

On the app, which I don't have handy, once you are in Community, there are some picks at the top. The bell is the same as on the site. The star, on the other side of the magnifying glass icon, does the same as it does on the site, too. It lists all your starred threads.