My number 1 craving right now....

Options
redimock
redimock Posts: 258 Member
... is hamburgers. It's so weird. And I have been eating them - it isn't like I am denying myself. Last night was a bacon cheeseburger for dinner. The night before, cheeseburger with fried egg (first time I tried that - so good!). Tonight is grilled chicken, but I kinda want a hamburger! (Going to have to throw some butter on that chicken - it's boneless skinless breast).

I almost feel like I could happily try out the 30 days of ground beef, except for the fact that I love to have some avocado, tomato slices, bacon, cheese, or eggs with my burger..... (And cream in my coffee - I can't drink it black :smile: ).

Anyone else with a craving you wouldn't have imagined?

(My number 2 craving is popcorn, but I don't/can't give into that one...)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I love bunless burgers! I could eat them all the time. They are my go to when I go to a restaurant with limited low carb options.

I love taco salad. That's the one dish I crave often. Taco meat on a bed of spinach with sour cream, cheese, and guacamole! I like salsa too but I definitely use more sour cream than salsa. Great...now I'm hungry for taco salad and it's 7AM...
  • redimock
    Options

I love taco salad. That's the one dish I crave often. Taco meat on a bed of spinach with sour cream, cheese, and guacamole! I like salsa too but I definitely use more sour cream than salsa. Great...now I'm hungry for taco salad and it's 7AM...

Oooo, taco salad! A favorite of mine too! Lots of guacamole!

9c93h9wczj4g.jpg

>:) or o:)

I am now drooling for your dinner..... :smiley:
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I often crave mashed potato
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't mean to be abrupt - half my message disappeared!! But the jist of it was 'oh how I love mashed potatoes'!!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I crave ice cream most all of the time. Real ice cream. Butter Pecan, Rocky Road, Black Cherry, Mud Slide, Chocolate Mint, Marrionberry, or just plain Vanilla with salted peanuts.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Mine has been hamburgers too this past week. We had bunless burgers and salad last night. I'm going to pick up some more ground beef on my way home tonight for another hamburger'ish meal!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge burger with an egg fan as well. It's so good! I crave burgers a lot. I crave anything cheesy and I'm obsessed with iced coffee with cream.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ice cream ,too. And home made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. And chips( crisps)
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Up until this weekend I was craving Chinese food hardcore. I was feeling sick, so I went ahead and ate whatever on Friday. The steamed dumplings were great, the General Tso's not so much. Just too much sweet gross flavorless glop. I ate it anyway because it was kind of expensive. But at least that's out of my system now, I won't be craving that again for a long while.
  • redimock
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I'm a huge burger with an egg fan as well. It's so good! I crave burgers a lot. I crave anything cheesy and I'm obsessed with iced coffee with cream.

Oh, coffee! That's big on my list right now. To the point where I am excited to go to bed to get up in the morning to have my coffee :blush:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with hamburgers too! (Although everyone's cravings sound pretty tasty....)
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    Oh, coffee! That's big on my list right now. To the point where I am excited to go to bed to get up in the morning to have my coffee :blush:

That's funny!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I went out for pancakes on Mother's Day and the best thing on my plate was the butter. So much for craving sweets!

But you are soo right. I love a good beef patty. My husband overcooks mine (he doesn't trust red in pre-ground meat). But when it's still rare and a bit salty, it is like super health food.

I'm always up for more salt. Salty is #1 in my book!
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :blush: I ate an entire low carb monster thick burger for lunch.....have been craving it for days. It was so delicious!!! Might not eat the rest of the day as full as I am but I don't care!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with hamburgers too! (Although everyone's cravings sound pretty tasty....)

I'm lucky (or maybe unlucky, lol) that caffeine doesn't seem to effect me much. I can drink coffee all day and night and still go to bed! lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

You are not alone on looking forward to your coffee!

I'm lucky (or maybe unlucky, lol) that caffeine doesn't seem to effect me much. I can drink coffee all day and night and still go to bed! lol

I'm the same way! I can have a big cup after 10pm and fall asleep within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow around 11:30
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My number 1 craving yesterday was a cupcake.. and I had it. Extremely sweet frosting. Got a headache immediately after :( I did so well the rest of the day too, resisted pancakes at ihop, resisted super sweet frappuchinos at starbucks, ordered the most low carb friendly item from a Chinese food place.. lost it at the cupcake shop. 2/10 would not recommend.

There's a thread about cauliflower doughnuts though which has peaked my interests.. :) I am also craving salty things too, like chips. Maybe I am low on magnesium.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been craving hideous, sugar free, licorice. No idea why. I'm blaming menopause. :)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    I crave ice cream most all of the time. Real ice cream. Butter Pecan, Rocky Road, Black Cherry, Mud Slide, Chocolate Mint, Marrionberry, or just plain Vanilla with salted peanuts.

Have you tried making your own? if you use splenda when making the custard, it should be keto friendly, as it is just eggs and cream and splenda, when the custard is cool you add some whipped cream, and if you have fruit you can add a little, but rasberries or strawberries are lower.... so ice cream should be possible? please tell me it is I have myself geared up for lots of berry icecreams.
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lately my diner go to is bunless Italian Cheesesteak :)

9c93h9wczj4g.jpg

>:) or o:)

That looks awesome! My family would totally go for that