Looking for lifting friends

Options
124»

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Just getting active on this site (actually set up account a couple years ago & just never used it) - friend requests are welcome!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I had made a 3 day lifting plan based a little on SL 5x5, but then switched back to twice/week. My second day seems so much harder. Wondering if I should go back to the 3 day rotation or leave an extra day between my twice per week workouts (do M/Th instead of M/W).
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Body transformation process so far is 2yrs. I am 6'2" and 211lbs currently but luckily have a nice hourglass shape (yes I played basketball and used to model/pageant;)

Diet is my biggest challenge as I grew up on and cook comfort food. I do have a few oral allergies and texture sensitivities but I am working on the latter. I am trying to introduce fruits n veggies into my diet and reduce most of the processed food. I have eliminated 98% of all deep fried foods unless a 1x quarterly treat. My weakness is chips with or without dip, dark chocolate, warm breads with butter, Italian food, American food, cake, banana chocolate chip muffins, brownies and those darn good Cheez-it Grooves White Cheddar crackers.

I do eat beef Jerky, cashews, almonds, very select greek yogurt, GNC Banana Lean Shakes and the awesome FitCrunch bars by ripped celebrity chef Robert Irvine so I am making changes. I have a special drawstring gym bag with a separate area that serves as a cooler/lunchbox with particular ice packs for cold items to get appropriate protein, carbs n calories after 1-1.5hrs of training.

I finally started tackling my diet so only have lost 20-25lbs but I have gained a lot of muscle mass and test out above average muscle for my age. I want as close to a rock hard body @50 this year. Fitness for life as I never want to start over and redo this difficult journey. I want to reach my final muscle mass goals in 2-3years.

I never want to atrophy like my mom and most of the pre-baby boomer era folks who thought retirement was meant to relax and eat whatever often as social activities seem to always come with a snack or dessert. I want to stave off as much of the usual balance, strength & endurance issues that come with aging. I saw the statics at the doctors office and they were frightening!

I am working toward collegiate athlete level muscle mass. I had been training Olympic duration/intensity for 1.5 mo @ 4-5hrs per day 6-7dpw but burned out as not ready for that so I have had to step it back.

I hired a sports nutritionist at the Vikings NFL training campus. I also hired a personal trainer @ the gym I workout at to create a focused core & leg muscle building program beyond the functional but very difficult for me PT am doing as simultaneously rehabbing from spinal fusion in April and knee replacement in Sept. one year recovery for each. Ugh.

Don't let the above fool ya as I rock the gym & the pool. I Workout 2-3hrs 6dpw but trying to reduce that to 1.5-2hrs per day. I lift upper body 3-4x per week by body areas but legs are 2-3x a week. All using free weights, Matrix functional cable and M5 lift equipment, Smith machine, Dip Assist Machine, Leg press, glute kickback & Leg Ext machines, plus TRX so far. I do various routines including lift HiiT & Tabata sessions. I do 2-3x week recumbent cardio for 50-60min burning 1000 calories and alternate it with pool PT and lap swimming but no freestyle (yet) or butterfly. I like water aerobics and did them for years but haven't done them in a year but a few times.

Bummer: Lost my buff boyfriend trainer/workout partner of almost 2yrs also to woman in training to be a bodybuilder. Go figure. Ugh.

I am looking for very fitness minded, positive friends here including those who are doing/succeeded total body transformation (lose 40+ pounds). I want to lose 45 more within the year. I am worried how my skin n boobs are starting to sag and might need to consider a mommy makeover $30k next year. Yikes and that doesn't include a thigh lift! If you meal plan great...I need to start and I have started a Pinterest board for such if you want to follow each other there and share recipes as well as here.

I will be empty nesting & moving this summer and more so lots of change. I will have a son leaving for the Marines so any Military folks or parents please friend me:)
  • esraballa34
    esraballa34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, med student here! I actually have gotten into lifting the past few months! Happy to share tips/clinical based articles. Feel free to add me or follow my IG for up to date progress!

IG: @e.dawg_34
    j8bi7xrerosb.jpeg
    ul5f36waa7ot.jpg
    ukygacqyl1o5.jpg
    a81fj7wmojk6.jpeg
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! Please add me.
  • 5FitFierce
    5FitFierce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Strength Trainers! I have been on my health and fitness journey for a couple of years now and I've lost close to 100 lbs. I am on here to meet people on a similar journey as myself so that we can learn from and motivate each other.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    5FitFierce wrote: »
    Hey Strength Trainers! I have been on my health and fitness journey for a couple of years now and I've lost close to 100 lbs. I am on here to meet people on a similar journey as myself so that we can learn from and motivate each other.

That's awesome! Great to meet you. Congrats on your success!
  • Tarja3
    Tarja3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is the best way to log noncardio workouts in MFP or partner aps? I often skip logging it digitally or grossly generalize my workouts because I don't know a good way.
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Love lifting too, just wish I had more time to do it! I currently lift about 2-3x per week, but would like to get up to 5x per week. Have been lifting on and off for the past 29 years (yes, I'm that old).
  • lindablueeyes21
    lindablueeyes21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! I’m back again on Fitness Pal and would love to have some new friends to share ideas with.
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Date is showing years back, is anyone active?
  • dafauti
    dafauti Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New to lifting. Please add me too