Down and up again....

Options
mishavant82
mishavant82 Posts: 11 Member
Just need to vent somewhere... Please someone tell me its going to be ok. I had a really good 12 days...down 10lbs! In 12 days! Granted there was some water shift there but still not shabby. Then I had a "normal food" (not diet) day. Followed by a binge day. Followed by a bad binge day. No purging, an accomplishment, but I paid in the numbers. Up 12lbs in 3 days. That's ridiculous! I don't even know what to do with myself I am so stressed! Help?

Replies

• garupo
    garupo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do this... you might feel trapped now, but you will win in the end if you just keep fighting. There are many days when I feel like what you describe and it's not a nice place to be at. But tomorrow it will be different.
    Believe in yourself!
  • garupo
    garupo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    garupo wrote: »
    Hang in there! You can do this... you might feel trapped now, but you will win in the end if you just keep fighting. There are many days when I feel like what you describe and it's not a nice place to be at. But tomorrow it will be different.
    Believe in yourself!

• mtpizzo
    mtpizzo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A lot of times weight in one week can be water weight or food in your stomach being processed. Be sure to weigh yourself once a week at the most so you don't worry so much about the binges. The most important thing is to get back on track. Don't allow yourself to believe that less than a week's worth of screw ups can ruin your new eating lifestyle. It takes weeks and months to lose weight in a healthy way. People shouldn't try to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week otherwise it's easy to gain it back... if you find yourself struggling, raise your calories a little bit so you're not depriving yourself as much but make sure it's still enough calories under your daily consumption that in a week, you'll be able to lose a pound. For me, my maintaining calories is 2,500. I try to stick to 1,700 calories a day. It's my starting goal. I want to eventually go down to 1,300 calories a day but right now that little feels like I'm starving myself... so I'll eventually lessen my calories once I've lost some weight. For now, I'm eating 800 less calories a day than my body is used to. Even if I binge a 1,000 calorie binge, the worst thing is that I maintained the same weight for that day. The important thing is to try to get back in the saddle the next day so we don't worsen our week when it comes to losing weight.