Looking for friends in similar situation....

Options
dhill_84
dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
so I'm currently 242ish pounds, just about to hit 50 lbs but the weight loss has slowed down and looking for someone in similar weight/situation to help motivate each other.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I began this weight loss journey at 231 in January, 2015, and am now 172! This can be done! Send me a friend request! I don't log my food anymore, but logged every bite for a long time until this a way of eating became habit! You can too! I know it!
  • madkcole
    madkcole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Friend me too! I started MFP in July 2015 at 249 pounds and am now down to 207. Goal is 170. Started LCHF around Easter of this year. Since then there have been fewer plateaus and stalls. I still log all meals but I'm more focused on meeting macro goals than calorie goals. LCHF seems to take care of that.
  • sethanddomsmom
    sethanddomsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started LCHF this week, down 4 lbs - most likely water weight. Prior to this, I have been on Paleo (but moderate carb) for years. In the last 8 months, I have fallen off the wagon due to a hip fracture (unrelated, crappy vitamin D production in Canada). I am 194 lbs, goal weight 145 lbs. I try to plot most days if you want a LCHF friend.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, 5'4" tall, started at 319, down to 255, give or take, and in that gain/lose/shrink inches cycle right now. Feel free to shoot me a friend request and just include LCHF in the message.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    dhill_84 wrote: »
    so I'm currently 242ish pounds, just about to hit 50 lbs but the weight loss has slowed down and looking for someone in similar weight/situation to help motivate each other.
    Hi there, I'm over 50 and have over 100lb to lose.. I keep adding to the thread over 40 and more than 75 lb to lose.. you may also want to read some of those threads, there are some amazing people on this journey, Sunny-Bunny_, and KnitOrMiss, and Karlottap and so many others are such fountains of great information- both scientific and medical, and personal experiences.
    I also find the sense of daily connection and support profoundly useful..