Please read and put in your two cents

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
Over the long weekend I had a request for a sticky thread for keeping a points tally. It sounds similar to how you would tally points for a challenge. The example offered went like this:

Day 3/72

Todays workout: Stage 1 A2

did you workout today? 1point = 1
hit your calories today? 1point = 1
incearse yoru weight? 1point =1
hit micro calories? 1 point= 0
Bounus hit everything? 1point = 0

Total points 3points"

As we already have 12 stickies on the front page, and each page only carries 25 threads, I figured I would put it out to vote:

1) Do we want to open a challenge?
2) Are there any stickies on the front page that would be better unstickied?

I ask this only because the front page threads are the ones that get most of the attention, people are less likely to click back in a forum, so the more or less stickies we have is going to change the liklihood a not stickied thread is going to receive attention/an answer.

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just read a post on another board that talked about how a woman wasn't going to join this group because the board was "dead." I think it's because there are too many stickies on this board. People can't see that it is active. Also I've looked at some of the stickies besides Level 1 and many of them haven't been posted in for weeks (or months).
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am not interested in a points tally but I do love this group for help and support. I go here when I have questions about the exercises and whether I'm sort of on the same page as other women at the stage I'm on. I think the different stages as stickies are helpful when I have a question about a specific stage. Otherwise, I don't really browse the other stickies.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I agree with basically everything Courtnie said.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't participate and there are so many sticky threads on here anyway, its crazy.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm a die hard NROLer, and have posted/do post in many of the Stages threads, but I wouldn't take the time to participate in this one. I don't mind the current stickies, but I don't think we need a new one for a challenge. I think that if it is an active challenge thread and people are posting every workout, it will stay at the top on it's own.

Maybe we could reduce the stickies at the top by combining Stages 2 & 4 and 3 & 5, since they're basically the same anyway.
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't participate either. I post on current topics/questions and in the stages. I don't even post in the daily thread because I feel like I'm intruding on a group of gals that have been posting for a while. Or not necessarily intruding but out of the loop, if you will.

Thanks for asking though.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What are stickies?
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a die hard NROLer, and have posted/do post in many of the Stages threads, but I wouldn't take the time to participate in this one. I don't mind the current stickies, but I don't think we need a new one for a challenge. I think that if it is an active challenge thread and people are posting every workout, it will stay at the top on it's own.

Maybe we could reduce the stickies at the top by combining Stages 2 & 4 and 3 & 5, since they're basically the same anyway.

Great idea.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am not interested in a points tally but I do love this group for help and support. I go here when I have questions about the exercises and whether I'm sort of on the same page as other women at the stage I'm on. I think the different stages as stickies are helpful when I have a question about a specific stage. Otherwise, I don't really browse the other stickies.

I agree. I go into the stage stickies once in a while but otherwise I've never looked at the other stickies. If I have a question I would much rather make a new post to get interaction going then into one of the stickies.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Please do!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What are stickies?

The locked threads on the home page that have a thumb tack beside them. As long as they are "stickied" they will always be the first threads you see when opening the forum.
  • panthur
    panthur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt do the challenge either but I do enjoy going to my stage sticky thread. I am still in stage 1.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't participate either. I post on current topics/questions and in the stages. I don't even post in the daily thread because I feel like I'm intruding on a group of gals that have been posting for a while. Or not necessarily intruding but out of the loop, if you will.

Thanks for asking though.

same for me!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options

This.