Anxiety Meds

Options
shinycrazy
shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
Anyone taking Zoloft or something similar and willing to talk about it? I have been on anti depression and anxiety meds off and on since being a teenager (34 now). The reasons I was on zoloft have recently lifted, better job, less money stress, so I wanted to let go of the zoloft. Apparently, it was helping me control my emotional eating A LOT! I've gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I think some is water, but some is definitely real gains. I had lost 110lbs and I feel like it's all coming apart! I buckled down yesterday and was doing really great, but my 4 year old son, was being well a 4 year old and I put him in bed and attacked the kitchen. I held off for 30 minutes, but I gave in eventually. I'd really like to give being off the meds a fair shot, but how long do I give it? Anyone experience this? If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Replies

• aowens1785
    aowens1785 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I took zoloft 50 then 100 mg for seven years. It did not help with emotional eating though. I know what you mean by putting them in bed and attacking the kitchen. I tried prozac and wellbutrin both for a few weeks each because my doctor said they would help. Wellbutrin did but both of those drugs made me SO much more anxious. So, now I'm on Cymbalta (just 30mg) and Buspar (15 mg 3xdaily)- been doing that for a few weeks now. I am planning to call the doc to up the cymbalta as I still feel nervous and slightly depressed. It's a struggle to find the right meds. I'm hoping this is it. I'm exhausted by all the failed attempts and false hopes. As far as my eating goes, I realize that a lot of that is spiritual for me. I struggle everyday. I think I probably always will. Books that I loved that help me with the struggle "Made to Crave" by Lysa Tyrkhurst and Candace Cameron-Bure's "Reshaping It All."
  • SlimSage
    SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take prozac 40mg and the first time I stopped I got up to 215lbs now I'm down to 190 lbs and have been back on for about two or three months consecutively. I am also thinking of coming off for good, I would like a life not dependent on medication.
    48801 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take Effexor and Klonopin (sp). Effexor has caused me issues but calmed my anxiety. I'm on other meds that contribute to weight gain............I am still losing weight, but at a slower pace.

Prozac stopped working for me but helped control my appetite. Welburtron would be y drug of choice for weight control but it shot my anxiety through the roof.
  • shinycrazy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well almost 10 lbs have come off since this post. Yay for bloat. 3rd or 4th day back on my meds and already feeling Soo much better. Thanks for the feedback.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    @shinycrazy with the episode yesterday it sounds like you need to stay on them. I take anti-anxiety drugs, I think Zoloft. I need to check. Recently, I had the med increased. To 10mg daily.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    llbrixon wrote: »
    @shinycrazy with the episode yesterday it sounds like you need to stay on them. I take anti-anxiety drugs, I think Zoloft. I need to check. Recently, I had the med increased. To 10mg daily.

Yes, I'm back on them! I feel much more "even" if that makes sense.