Ladies: What impact did WLS have on your yearly mammograms?

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
Did the radiologist have to get a new baseline for you because of drastic changes? Any other weird things pop up because of the weight loss?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any changes on my mammogram. The technician who does mine actually had VSG also, so I think if any changes were necessary she would have known. I do have to say that it's a bit more uncomfortable because I don't have as much "padding" there any more.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I thought there would be changes, but there weren't. Last year a suspicious area that required a more focused mammogram and then an ultrasound was still there (and required the same 2nd look). They say everything is ok and will continue to monitor me. So, things were not better or worse.
  • theonlyvictoria
    theonlyvictoria Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got a baseline right before surgery since I'm 36, my mom was 47 when she got breast cancer, and I knew I'd have some big changes coming up.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Just the comment . . . "WOW - have you lost a lot of weight or something?" - they must have notes in their system and old images that they look at.

I will say it was a bit more painful but I had NO underarm fat that they had to 'squeeze' this year! Easy-peasy!!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, everyone!