Wanted to say HELLO!

Options
NattySchmatty
NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
Hi there. I am a whole 2 days into eating low carb. I must say I have gained a great deal of information from reading through the posts in this group. Thank you! For now I am going to sort of lurk around and soak up whatever I can from you guys.

I wasn't expecting to feel so rough yesterday, as it was only day 1, but by the afternoon the headache was awful. I went to bed early and I am hoping today goes more smoothly as I feel more prepared and have better information.

Hoping you all have a great day.

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hello Natty! Welcome to the LCD Forum. Yup, been here a year and loving it. It took a month or two before I got in a groove. Hang in there, you will be happy you did!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh so familiar, yes, I agree electrolytes. I take magnesium, and celtic salt- helps a real lot. .. Mind you, the first time over 20 years ago that I gave up coffee - I had headaches and nausea for 2 weeks..
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this group because it is so informative and supportive!

I have been doing low carb for over six months now - feel free to add me for food ideas. My diary is open and I log everyday!
  • NattySchmatty
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »

YES! I read through this yesterday. It's EXTREMELY helpful. I was completely in the dark about all of this. Just by chance, I bought a large jar of pickles yesterday and have them with at me work today :smiley: I did not realize I was good to go on eating more salt. I am heading to out this afternoon to make sure I am armed with remedies. Again, thanks so much for the wealth of information.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    While you're eating a pickle, read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10358179/dizzy-weak-tired-headaches-cramping-muscles-electrolyte-imbalance-may-be-your-problem#latest

Good luck!

YES! I read through this yesterday. It's EXTREMELY helpful. I was completely in the dark about all of this. Just by chance, I bought a large jar of pickles yesterday and have them with at me work today :smiley: I did not realize I was good to go on eating more salt. I am heading to out this afternoon to make sure I am armed with remedies. Again, thanks so much for the wealth of information.

I've been eating lower carb for well over a year but just started LCHF last week. I didn't realize that we need more salt when eating low carb. However I have been eating a handful of pistachios or almonds about every afternoon with NO swelling which is totally not like me. Thanks for sharing this great info!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I credit this group for my success thus far! Always learning something new!

Welcome!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Magnessium in -ate form, not oxide is our friend too. Great for cramp prevention. Welcome to a wonderful community.
  • NattySchmatty
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and the advice. I am happy to report that I am feeling pretty darn good today.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I have only been here since the end of January ... I think you will love it!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome, you're among great folks here :)