Fitbit HR vs Vívosmart HR

Options
I am currently a Fitbit HR user and have been one for over a year. I thoroughly enjoy having it and how it has helped me become a more health conscious person.
One issue I have had with the tracker is that it breaks - it either has become extremely inaccurate or the band starts breaking apart. Fitbit has been good about replacing the tracker (4 times so far) but I think that they think I got my money's worth. The band is breaking on the one I currently have and they want me to ship it to them, while noting that they will not be responsible if the unit gets lost in transit. This spooked me a little. So I am shopping.
It seems the main competitor for the Charge HR is the Vivofit HR and I am interested in acquiring one, but have some questions for those who have a history with both the Fitbit and the Garmin, while owning the Fitbit HR first. What are the main difference between the two? How was the transition? The Fitbit app/website offers competition between 'friends'; does Garmin have the same? What about the durability? From the Garmin website FAQ:As of March 2015, Garmin Connect is still having issues updating calories from MyFitnessPal automatically. Is this still the case? Is sleep tracking same better or worse with the Garmin?

Thanks in advance!