Acid indigestion

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
Does anybody else get heartburn/acid indigestion as a pre menopausal symptom? I have never had it until about a month ago and now it is keeping me up at night... In fact I'm posting this at 230 AM because I can't lie down!

Replies

• Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to get reflux acid indigestion until I realized I was wheat intolerant. Having removed the offending item from my diet it went away.
    Have you been eating something more often recently? You might be intolerant to that food
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Hmm I don't think so.. But I have been having a lot of sparkling water.. Wonder if that is contributing
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Any new supplements or night time prescriptions?
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Carbonated drinks can be a trigger, Dr Pepper use to set me off.
    Also eating at the wrong times of day (too early or too late)
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Gonna try not eating so late too
  • 123dola
    123dola Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suffered a lot from this and it got so bad I could not eat any of the normal trigger foods, tomato sauce, spicy foods, coffee to the point that they would not stay down. My doctor said it was gastritis and put me on Prilosec every day which worked fine but I don't like to be on medicines. I then started drinking Kombucha for all the health benefits and found that my acid reflux went away as well. I was able to stop the Prilosec and still eat all the foods that used to bother me. I find if I don't drink the Kombucha, I start having issues again.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Seems to be getting better.. Cut out fizzy drinks before bed and trying not to eat as late.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had what I thought was heartburn and it turned out to be my gallbladder. If the pain tends to be more on the right side and goes all the way through to your back, ask your doctor about checking for gallstones. I thought it was heartburn right up until I ended up in the emergency room with a blocked biliary duct. A few weeks later I ended up back in the hospital with an infection that led to its removal.

Gallbladder attacks come and go a lot like heartburn and they tend to be more common at night. I would be up all night with them.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Yikes!!
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    Options
    Well, the actual surgery is not too bad as surgery goes. I'm thrilled to not have the gallbladder pain anymore. If your symptoms match, it would be worthwhile to look into as there are options other than surgery.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Being pain free is a big plus I'm sure!
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    Options
    I've been feeling much better since it is gone. I think I've had low grade infections off and on for years (I've had mysteriously high WBCs at various times).
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anyone suggested it already: If you can, take a spoon or two of organic apple cider vinegar (with mother!) with a cup of water.
    Best wishes!