Fantastic fish tacos

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
So tonight I made some great keto friendly fish tacos. Cod seasoned liberally on both sides with my homemade taco seasoning, pan-fried in lard, then served with a great green cabbage slaw made with olive oil and acv, a dressing made with full-fat sour cream, guacamole and lime juice, and just a sprinkling of cheese.

Super filling, a little higher in protein to fat ratio than I'd have liked but that just means I can have cream in my coffee later.

Replies

• redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So tonight I made some great keto friendly fish tacos. Cod seasoned liberally on both sides with my homemade taco seasoning, pan-fried in lard, then served with a great green cabbage slaw made with olive oil and acv, a dressing made with full-fat sour cream, guacamole and lime juice, and just a sprinkling of cheese.

Super filling, a little higher in protein to fat ratio than I'd have liked but that just means I can have cream in my coffee later.

I think I'm going to do that this week sometime. Already hungry for it.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh my....that sounds heavenly!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    The 6 of us demolished 2.5lbs of cod. It was epic.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    how did you make this into a "taco"? or was it just piled on a plate?
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!! I have to try this. Did you wrap it in a romaine leaf?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

I totally piled it onto a plate. Fish, then slaw then cheese, then dressing and sorta mashed it all together. The way cod separates when cooked makes it an ideal fish for this as it breaks into firm little chunks rather than disintegrating entirely into mush.

My 13yo son isn't into slaw, he ate his on a bed of shredded lettuce (doesn't like corn tortillas) with cheese and sour cream, no guacamole dressing. My 16yo daughter ate hers on corn tortillas with guacamole and salsa, slaw and lettuce and cheese (she doesn't like sour cream) with lime juice squeezed over the the top. My 10 daughter had hers on corn tortillas as well with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and lime, with slaw on the side. My 12yo daughter ate hers on corn tortillas as well, but only one because she doesn't love cod, with cheese, salsa, sour cream and lettuce, big serving of slaw on the side, no lime.

Like regular tacos(chicken, ground beef, steak), it is super versatile.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh, this does sound really good! I have some cod too (it's the frozen fillet variety, if that works). I might have to try this. :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Kellryn wrote: »
    Oh, this does sound really good! I have some cod too (it's the frozen fillet variety, if that works). I might have to try this. :)

Sound work fine
  • redimock
    Options
    Speaking of slaw for tacos, this is my absolute favorite:

http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-coleslaw-484025

I am a cilantro fiend, so I could just eat tons of this stuff :blush:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

If it fits YOUR macros: Jicama taco shells are awesome, and low carb. http://healthyeaton.com/jicama-taco-shells/

OP: your dinner sounds awesome.
  • redimock
    Options

If it fits YOUR macros: Jicama taco shells are awesome, and low carb. http://healthyeaton.com/jicama-taco-shells/

Ooooh - interesting. I see some tacos in my future!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

OP: your dinner sounds awesome.

Thanks, it was pretty damn tasty. The only thing I really miss when eating tacos on a plate are the crunch of hard shells so soft shell replacement is a no-go for me. As it is I only miss that crunch occasionally