4 Common Swimming Tools and How They Work

Options

Replies

• spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The pool I go to has all these available to use for free. So far I only use the flutter board, but plan on incorporating the others in at some point in the future when plain old swimming doesn't almost kill me. lol
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My pool has these available too. Right now, I'm just sticking to my own arms and legs! :tongue:
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    We use the flutter board as a "break" in the middle of our laps. Still working the legs and keeps the heart rate up, so counts in my books! lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I saw any pull buoys at my pool. I'm interested as they could help me focus on arm strokes and breathing without the complication of the legs
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I saw any pull buoys at my pool. I'm interested as they could help me focus on arm strokes and breathing without the complication of the legs

I'd recommend asking one of the lifeguards if they're not laid out. Sometimes they might have them stored away for swim teachers or swim teams to use, especially if the lap swimming hours overlap with, or are right before, rec swim.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

I'd recommend asking one of the lifeguards if they're not laid out. Sometimes they might have them stored away for swim teachers or swim teams to use, especially if the lap swimming hours overlap with, or are right before, rec swim.

Okay, I think I might do this, especially as it might not be a very common item found In Walmart. I do have to buy the goggles so I'll look for the pull buoys at that time. If there aren't any, I'll check the pool prior to ordering from Amazon. Next swim is just a day away
  • MelodyandBarbells
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I googled a swim store after my workout earlier today and found and went to one. They pretty much had everything, even the pull buoy that was both a kick board and pull buoy, just a bit too expensive for my taste ($16) since I'm buying all this stuff with no idea how long my interest in swimming will last (since I'm a new swimmer). For the $16 I walked out with cool goggles, a swim cap and a pull buoy. Kinda wondering if this little thing will keep me suspended but there's only one way to find out!